Last Thursday night before I went to Orlando, I went down to Fort Myers to hear the Gaithers concert. It had been years since I had seen them live. My husband and I used to go regularly years ago.
One of the last songs that they sang was this one. No commentary from me is needed.
11 comments:
I love this tune in all its incarnations, Beverly--Be Still My Soul and Through Gates of Splendor and now this one. Thanks for sharing it.
Warms the heart.
It brings me to tears... of joy!
One of my favorite groups and wish I had been there to hear them in person. That was a fabulous finale. Its been probably 5 years since I went to one of their concerts but I think I have every CD they ever made.
Thanks for sharing this powerful song with us.
A wonderful song, Beverly. I forgot you were going away, so I was about to email you and ask if you were okay.
Hi Beverly,
Glad you shared that beautiful song with us . It sure makes us think ?
Glad you got your pc going again .
Blessings.
Ron.
I love that music, and I'd never heard their incarnation (good word!). Thanks for sharing it, and I know just whom I will forward it to!
I was also gone on the weekend, to a Leadership (Advocates) Conference at Compassion's Global Ministry Center in Colo. Springs. Every conference I attend with them is like a bit of heaven: a lot of people come together with one heart, one mind, one purpose and one passion, all centered in Jesus Christ and focused on serving those in need (esp. children) in His name. I never want to leave, when the conferences end!
Hi Beverly! Thanks for keeping in touch! One of our daughters gave a speech in front of the Finnish Prime Minister awhile ago. I love this music, as you know!
Oh, Ella couldn't get any cuter below!!
Wow, I use to have an autographed photo of the Gaither group. It seems as though it was forever ago...
:) I do love Bonnie. She's awesome, and Jane, well, she's my former teacher, who is AMAZING. :)
ty for your comment.
The Gaither Vocal Group has always been great.
This brings back memories of when I was little and we'd go to the Oakland Auditorium for gospel quartet concerts with my familly and grandparents.
We'd see The Oakridge Boys and The Imperials and The Blackwood Brothers and many others.
I'm sure you know them all too.
Hi, Beverly, it's been a while since I've been by but I wanted to say hello.
This is a beautiful song. I hadn't heard this arrangement yet, but it made my day. Thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment