Monday, February 04, 2008

GREAT STRIDES

Every year the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has walks all over the country to raise funds for research for a cure for CF. Those of you who have been reading my blog know that my little granddaughter has cystic fibrosis, a genetic disorder which leads to digestive and respiratory problems. It is a progressive condition.

The median age of a CF person is now 37. Years ago, many patients did not reach their teens. Through research, improved medicines have been developed, and patients are living longer. I have learned through reading a lot that life is not easy for a person with CF.

This year I'm walking with a team to help raise funds to aid in research. Will you consider making a donation? I have a webpage to which you can go and donate. I will thank you from the bottom of my heart. I want Ella to live a long, healthy life.

Please go here.

10 comments:

kenju said...

Beverly, I can send a check if you let me know where to send it.

AC said...

Thats me, AC, on the list - my first name is Alicia but no one but my credit card company calls me that.

I'll be rooting for you, and Ella too, always.

Karen Townsend said...

I went there to the site last night and contributed for you and baby Ella. Good luck. You are doing a fine contribution for reasearch and an eventual cure.

photowannabe said...

Hi Beverly, I just went to the site and contributed too. Its under Suzan which only legal stuff calls me.
I want this precious little girl to live long too.

Anonymous said...

I'm there under my regular nom de plume. ;-) Good for you for puttingup such a lovely donor page post. And good for Ella! You both always have my love and prayers.

I'm checking with Rich on dinner for Thursday evening. He's been traveling so I'm trying to coordinate an occasional passing ships thing but I would love to see you so I'll get back with you tomorrow.

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Let me know how it goes!

KGMom said...

Hear, hear--to a long and healthy life for Ella.
A friend of ours, a pediatrician who specialized in CF, has seen children go from greatly reduced life spans to becoming adults, parents--and perhaps even grandparents.
There are a few more steps for medicine to take--to complete the great strides made thus far.

Anonymous said...

I will glad give a donation. Such a sweet little girl. My prayers are also being sent.

Jamie Dawn said...

I made a donation, but had trouble with it going through on the first go round. I tried again, and it said Thanks for Donating, so I hope it went through.
If by chance it didn't, please let me know.

jamiedawnie@gmail.com

Froggymama said...

We'll find the cure, I know it. Our girls will live long and healthy lives! xoxo