Hello, it's cold up here. I had a very uneventful trip to my son's house earlier this week. I left Monday morning and drove as far as Florence, South Carolina. I drove the rest of the way on Tuesday, arriving in the early afternoon. Each time I got out of the car, the wind was blowing, and it was very cold.
Today it is freezing. There was supposed to be freezing rain and snow during the night, but that didn't quite materialize, but it should be worse during the day. My son had a two-hour delay in his school start, so I'm taking advantage of this time to update my blog.
Thanks for all your comments about Ella. I'm so glad that I get to see her as much as I do. I've been able to experience all the changes that a little one goes through. Her vocabulary is increasing every day. You should hear her try to say "caterpillar." She's quite comfortable with me after the initial separation in the morning from her daddy.
On Tuesday she had an appointment with the specialist, and she appears to be doing very well. She's about 3-4 pounds heavier than she was in December when I was here, so that's good.
As I left Florida Monday morning, I saw signs of spring. Redbud was blooming along the side of the highway. That was the last sign of spring that I saw...although I didn't expect to see those.
One nice thing here is that the sun shines on the good days. I've always heard about the gloomy winter days in the north. I guess those folks were talking about places much further north than here.
Have a good weekend.
16 comments:
Hi Beverly,
I am glad you are enjoying your visit ? Its possible you still may be able to have a good snowball fight ? We still getting the much needed rain . There was a record rainfall for Tallahassee yesterday that broke about a 104 year old record .
Blessings .
Ron.
Good. You're there. I'm glad you had a good trip. Now...hug that little girl for me! :o)
We're in Los Angeles, where every day has been chilly, with some showers or drizzle. We enjoyed a nice family dinner at Macaroni Grill, last night, with my mom, sister and niece. We'll head home tomorrow.
I like snow. I could look at it--at a distance; say, on the mountains--for a long time. I do not want to live in it!
So good to hear from you Beverly. Ella's progress report is super. I like hearing that she is gaining weight and that her vocabulary is on a roll. these are such precious times and I'm glad you can be her Gramma all to yourself.
Please be careful in all the snow and ice.
Cold--no, it's not cold. You are just softened from your living in Florida!
My brother lives near Winnepeg, Manitoba--where winter temps are frequently double digits BELOW 0 degrees F--now that's cold.
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
I look forward to more pictures of your little cutie pie!
....so glad that her specialist's report was good.
xoxo
Glad you arrived safely - please post pics of Ella when you can.
Cold? Ha! Up here in the frozen north, it's cold! I live in Canada and there are about 3 feet of snow in my back yard (o.k. it just looks like 3 feet)
I just found your blog. I'm glad little Ella is doing so well. Grandkids are wonderful! Love them to bits.
Hugs,
W
It's good to know that you had a safe trip, Beverly. Kiss Ella for me and enjoy her company.
Glad ya had a good trip there,
enjoy your stay!
Glad you had a good trip. I'm adding you to my blog roll.
Glad you made it there safe. I have a tree blooming in my backyard that reminds me of a rose blooming on a tree. The blooms smell heavenly.
Yes, Memphis was declawed last night. Lily and I watched together and she would go "yeah, daddy's team'!!! each time I yelled. We had fun. It was a heart stopper!!!
Enjoy your visit with Ella.
That's wonderful, 3-4 pounds!!! Wow, I wish Ella could convince Froggy to eat a little more.
Thanks for the respiratory blog info. Although I'm having trouble accessing it. I'm sure my husband would love to read it. Maybe you could email me the link again? It could be a problem with blogger.
egussie1977@aol.com. Thanks! Have a great time with your granddaughter. She is such a cutie.
I'm glad you made it there, safe and sound. I'm so glad I don't live where the winters are harsh. I am NOT a fan of cold weather.
Enjoy every moment with your son, daughter-in-law, and grandbaby Ella!! I'm sure that once you leave there, you'll be missing them before you even get back home again.
I hope you'll have some photos of your visit to share with us, your blog buddies.
:-)
It is good to hear that you made the trip safe and sound.. although a little bit colder. :-)
Enjoy your time with little Miss Ella .. I am looking forward to pictures.
Enjoy every minute there! Spring is a LONG way for us in Canada!
I just love any picture of Ella. And I can imagine her take on *caterpillar*. Jenny had an precious way of pronouncing *flamingo*.
And yes, we did get great seats for the games in Cincy. halfway between home and third (Braves dugout) 7 rows back. We can't wait. At least in May the odds are that it won't be 106 degrees like it was last August.
Post a Comment