Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Thank You

Thank you to all who have responded to Great Strides (See post below).

If you would prefer to mail a check, instead of giving online, here is the address:

Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - Tampa
4902 Eisenhower Blvd., Suite 115
Tampa FL 33634

Put Great Strides in the memo line along with my name, Beverly Whitcomb.

This past weekend was our Sweet Adelines show. What a great time and what fun! I don't have any pictures yet, but when I get some I'll post them. One of these days I'll get some video and post that as well. We had great reviews from all who came.

And what about the Super Bowl! I love football and spent Sunday evening with some friends of kindred spirit. Most of them were cheering for the Giants, and so I joined in cheering the underdog. We had a great time in the last two minutes of the game watching Goliath being felled by David.

When I was looking up some information on the CFF website, I found this article about one of the Super Bowl champions, Shaun O'Hara. It does the heart good to read about men like this. Another former athlete and sports analyst, Boomer Esiason, is a great supporter of the cause of cystic fibrosis, as well. Boomer has a son, Gunnar, who has CF. His foundation has been established to heighten education and awareness of cystic fibrosis and to provide a better quality of life for those affected by cystic fibrosis.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your friendship and your listening ear and your giving hearts.

7 comments:

photowannabe said...

My pleasure Beverly. We need to find a cure and help for the many people with this disease.
So glad to hear the Sweet Adelines was a great success. Singing is such a joy to the heart and soul.

kenju said...

My pleasure too, and while I don't like football - I do like singing! I know you must have had fun there.

Karen Townsend said...

I hope you are able to raise lots of money.

Jamie Dawn said...

I read the post below and I'm going to the link you provided.
I pray that sweet Ella lives a long, fulfilled life. I pray medical advances continue to treat and eventually to cure this disease.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Sweet Adeline photos! And yes,that was some football game. Rich was intently into it and I was just poking along until the end but then I was yelling too. And I loved the pigeons!

Rich is on the road today and back tomorrow night so I'm going to pass on dinner- lets do a lunch next week.

Mother of Invention said...

I don't know anyone personally with CF but through your blog I have learned a lot and will continue to do so. Thanks.

Froggymama said...

My husband and I met Boomer a year ago. He's such an amazing guy and his family has done sooooo much for CF research!