I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
William Wordsworth
This past weekend I went with my son, his wife, and Ella to Richmond. Sabrina was having lunch with some former co-workers, so we went along for the ride. What a delight upon nearing Richmond to see trees beginning to bud out. As we arrived at the home where she was having lunch, these lovely daffodils greeted us.
The weather was a real mix though. Within an hour's time, we saw clouds, felt some rain, saw the sun and felt the wind. As we drove home later in the afternoon, I kept looking at the thermometer in the car. When we left Richmond, it was 50. As we approached home, I looked and the temperature had dropped to 32. I pointed that out to David, and he said, "It can't be that cold." But when we got out of the car, it did indeed feel that chilly.
Today was pleasant, however. When I went outside with Ella this afternoon, I looked carefully at the maple tree in the yard, and I do believe I see the beginning of leaves.
By the way, can anyone tell me how to get ride of the centering when one uses Picasa to post? I do not know how to get my margin to the left. Thanks for any help.

14 comments:
Being centered is a good thing, Beverly!
Ella, below, is getting SO big and is more beautiful than ever!
Isn't Autumn Faith the cat's pajamas?
God's Peace and Lenten blessings to you and yours!
I know how to do it when posting regularly, but I am not sure I can do it from Picasa. I'll check it out and let you know if I figure it out.
When you go back south, are you driving or flying?
I love Ella's pigtails! And the daffodils. Yes, spring has sprung here in the south, though it is still getting cold. On my blog the pothole pic is actually of South Africa, but they were the same in West Africa! Some were very, very deep!
To center, you could go into Blogger "edit html" and see where is says CENTER and instead type LEFT.
I don't know html but I can spot stuff like that.
I can't answer your question - as you know I'm not very technically astute!
Daffodil make me smile. I think everyone is ready for Spring. The azaleas are blooming here.
Love the daffodils! They just say spring to me. Cute cute picture of Ella. Hope you're enjoying your time with her (I know you are!!)
xo
No daffies for a bit here!
I don't use Picasa, so i have no idea how to offer help.
I've been walking lately in our local gardens. I bought a membership so I could stroll through them, get exercise, and admire God's creation. The daffodils are gorgeous, and I am eager to see the tulips!!
It's going to be 75 degrees here today, so I have no complaints. Spring is making its arrival, and I love it!
Beautiful daffodils. They just shout Spring is here.
KGMOM is right about the Picasa. I had to change m posting to center to get blogger to post my pictures a while back when I was having so much trouble. I just haven't changed it back so I don't know if it has corrected itself.
Absolutely love Ella and those little pigtails. She's a cutie.
I love that poem and I can hardly wait to see daffs but it will be about 6 or 7 more weeks for us.
Beverly, Beautiful flowers. I hope you enjoy your time with the family. I know it is a wonderful blessing to be with them.
Such lovely daffodils. We are still some time away from enjoying them here.. but soon I hope.
Wish I could help some with the centering bit.. but I think kgmom's advise might be helpful.
Spring is nearly here. It's supposed to be in the mid 80's here tomorrow. Isn't that amazing? I just don't understand this weather. Right now it's cloudy and overcast with a front coming in...lovely beautiful yellow daffoils.
Keep enjoyin that baby!
What gorgeous daffodils!! They just SING springtime!! We're still buried under feet of snow. So, it will be a while before our daffy's are out.
Aren't grandchildren a blessing? And the rest of them (us) too!
Post a Comment