Today is the sixth anniversary of my husband's death. A couple of weeks ago, I wondered why I was a bit down, and then I realized exactly what was going on. Even though time passes, as certain dates come, they bring with them a bit of sadness even though you think you're more removed from the actual date.
Last year I told myself that I wouldn't write again of it, but a few of you are new readers, and I wanted to share a little with you. If you care to read, go here and here.
Thanks for your encouragement.
18 comments:
big Hugg
Dear Bev,
Even though I am a long time reader of your blog, I went back and re-read those two posts. Losing one's husband and the father of your children is monumental and life altering.
I do know that the anniversary of a loved one's passing can be a tough time. I'm feeling that same sense of melancholy right now as my Mom passed on May 14, 2002.
Sending you ((hugs))
xo
wow where you live must give you some comfort, even with thoughts of one you love so much. i lost my mom at 59, but i know that a spouse, must be somewhat tougher, i would be interested in a description or pictures of where you live
Sending a hug your way - you're in my thoughts today. I can't imagine the loss.
I don't think we ever get over losses like that, do we? I get sad around the time of my parent's deaths and also my grandmom's. It's okay to be sad.
Oh Beverly....My heart go out to you today.
Take all of the love that people send you and wrap it around yourself so that you won't feel so alone in your grief. We all care about you and want you to get through this sad "anniversary".
It might be a good day to remember all of the joy that he brought to you and your family when he was here.
Please take care...
xoxo
Wish I could give you a big hug right now. I do understand your loss just a little bit. We just went to our friends memorial service on Sunday. It really was a celebration of life. There was sadness but the Lord was honored through the life of a true christian man.
I had to reread your 2 links also and say you had a wonderful husband and father of your children.
Love
Sue
Sending a hug your way, Beverly. I don't think we ever really fully recover from loss of loved ones. It just eventually doesn't hurt so much we don't feel like getting out of bed. We go on.
"Anniversary grief" is as real as a fresh grief, and my heart goes out to you. I'll add my biggest cyber-hug to the others, along with the hope that you have people nearby who can and do wrap real arms around you.
Thanks for honoring us, your blogging friends, with your present grief, Beverly. Be blessed!
No matter how long a loved one has been gone, the memories resurface, and you miss him or her. My dad lived for nearly five years after my mom died--and he missed her every single day. Be blessed, Beverly, in this time of remembering and pondering--and don't forget to look forward with hope and joy!
Oh Beverly, my heart goes out to you. Losing your beloved husband must have been terrible. And such a shock! I did read your previous posts, as I am a new reader. Thank you for having the strength to share with us.
Your children sound like wonderful, loving, and strong young adults. You must be so proud!
A HUGE hug to you in your time of sadness.
Beverly
Just when you think that you can't stand it one second more you realize that God never gives you more than you can handle because you always have him to lean on and when you turn yourself completely over to him you know that he will give you the comfort you need to find the way to make it one more moment.
My prayers are with you...
Many hugs and blessings....
Debra
The years may pass but our love never does. I am so sorry for your loss Beverly. ((hugs))
Beverly-here's one reader who says--write about every year. You will always remember and we, your blogging friends, want to support you in our small ways.
Some years ago, I noted to my secretary on a particular day, that was the anniversary of her daughter's death, that I remembered the day and hoped she didn't mind my saying something. Her immediate response--oh, I am so glad someone else is thinking about this anniversary. Of course, she would remember, but it was a small comfort to her that I remembered.
So, when you write, you help us remember with you.
I too read your prior posts. I admire so much your resolve to be happy in the face of such a sudden life.
Thinking of you Beverly.
Bev, thanks for sharing again.
I am so sorry you have lost your husband at so young an age. I read the other two posts and it is clear that God is with you and that you get strength from Him to build a new chapter of your life without resenting Him.
I am reading Rabbi Harold Kushner's new book, "Overcoming Life's Disappointments" where he tells us to try to be a little like Moses who had to struggle doing God's work but never lost faith. It's a fabulous and short book as is his other book, "When bad Things Happen To Good People".
I'm not of Jewish faith but have gotten so much from these two books. It sounds like you've read them because you are already responding the healthy way he suggests!
I'm so sorry. xoxo
Post a Comment