Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, David

April 15, 1979. Easter Sunday and tax day. What a combination! I had made Sarah's Easter dress, but she didn't make it to church that day because Mom and Dad were at the hospital awaiting David's birth.
My friend who worked in taxes said, "This year he's the Easter bunny, but from now on he'll be known as "Form 1040." Someone said that he didn't need the word "boy" on this outfit to let everyone know he was a boy.
A thoughtful and caring son, David has always brought joy to his dad's and my life.
Now a husband and a father, he continues to be the loving, gentle, kind soul he was as a child.
Happy birthday, David. You are my sonshine!
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Ella's daddy! :o)

Karen Townsend said...

You did a fine job, indeed! Great son, husband and daddy. No more can be asked of him.

JeanMac said...

Oh, Beverly, it was so good to see the pictures.
Happy birthday, David!You are an awesome son because you have an awesome Mom! Much happiness.

Shammickite said...

What a nice post. Happy birthday to your son, and I'm sure he'll get tons of love and kisses from his pretty wife and from little Ella!

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful pictures...Happy Birthday David!!

Susie said...

Wonderful pictures. They capture his beautiful smile in each one :)
Happy Birthday to David

Simply Coll said...

Such a blessing. Happy Birthday David. :-)

kenju said...

I lvoe seeing the photos! Happy Birthday, David!

Kiss Ella for me.

Froggymama said...

I love the baby photos. Happy Birthday!

Rachel said...

What a lovely family your son has!! I'm can see why he's your sonshine!!

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I just ate a lot of chocolate. Is my hair going to look like Ella's after she had her chocolate? :)

KGMom said...

Aww--Beverly--such a sweet tribute to your son. Sons are great (and so are daughters). To be born on tax day! Just worth an extra smile.

Jamie Dawn said...

I hope David had a wonderful birthday!!!
It's so nice to see the photos and know that David brought your family joy, and now he is a daddy who is receiving joy from his daughter.
They are a beautiful family!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

A true blessing indeed Beverly..

AC said...

He was shown what love looked like - his mom and dad. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Beverly- i've ventured back to the blog world- it's been nice to catch up on your happenings- and happy birthday to David! Hope you are well!!

podso said...

What a lovely tribute, Bev! I know you are proud of him!

Wendy said...

You must be so proud! What a wonderful young man he is. Happy Birthday David (Ella's daddy)!!

Anonymous said...

I love those pics!!!