These quotes showed up on my homepage this morning...some thoughts to ponder.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted.
- Fred Allen
Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
- Abraham Lincoln
7 comments:
They are all excellent quotes, but I'm especially impressed with Lincoln's. He knew how to express profound thoughts with simple--and few--words.
I'll have to share the Fred Allen quote with the punster in my house.
To find out to do "hidden comments" go to Lettuce's blog archive
http://lettuce-eating.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html
and go to the post of january 23 2008 and she explains how to do it. That would be easier than me explaining the whole process.
My hidden comments are red cos I change them to red, hers have a dotted line under them but I can't seem to get my dotted line to work, hence the red colour.
Let me know how you get on with this!
I love the Lincoln quote and I concur!!
Second attempt, here:
I especially like the second and third quotes, but the one by MLK had real meaning for him, and for many other folks. But I really do like puns.
Have you ever read anything by Richard Lederer? (Sample: "Get Thee to a Punnery"--full of puns, in categories, no less!)
Love the quotes! Too bad more don't understand the slavery of women in the Middle East is slavery, too. Americans!
I am a quote fanatic. The one by Fred Allen had me laugh out loud. :-)
Post a Comment