Soon after Ella was diagnosed with CF, I began reading anything I could find about this disease that takes one's breath away. I found several blogs, but one, in particular that I began reading. I'm not exactly sure how I came across Lauren's blog, but she has been a friend in the journey that we as a family have begun.
Unlike Ella, Lauren was diagnosed at birth because she had a condition called meconium ileus, a condition that is present in about 20% of newborns with CF. (I think that figure is correct.) There is a website called Heroes of Hope, which features a new person each month and how they live with CF. This month's hero is my friend, Lauren. Please go here to read about this wonderful young woman.
10 comments:
There's a feisty lady who has taken charge of her health and is triumphing over a nasty disability. Go Lauren!
What an inspiration she must be to you and to all who love someone with CF.
Drove by your house today; but no car there (FRiday). The kids all come in today for the weekend. Gary is speaking in Mike's class Sunday. Maybe we'll catch up sometime.
Lauren is a strong young woman with a terrific husband and family. She is an inspiration!
Ella is really riding that bike!! What a fun photo that is of her.
What an inspiration to us all! Go Lauren go! Thanks for sharing her story.
Thanks for that link - what a woman.
I admire your courage in dealing with this difficult situation in your family. Like my mother, you leave no stone unturned in your quest for knowledge and hopefully answers. Your family is so lucky to have you, Beverly, and so are your friends. I'm sure you also help this woman you spoke of, probably more than you know.
Wow, what a wise young woman...mature and focused.
How wonderful that God answered her prayers with her husband, Brad!
Keep going, Lauren! Here's to another 30 good years! May the new protocols Beverly heard about REALLY help you! Thanks for sharing that, Bev.
I know it is hard when little ones have medical difficulties but it is good to find families that stick together to fight for the best care their little one can get. CF is not for wimps and your little gal sure shows her 'stuff' when she rides her bike with gusto. Good going!
I'm so glad you have made these connections and friends. It's a real tribute to all of the families that you share such incredible support for each other. Ella is such a munchkin- and you take incredible photos of her, Beverly.
Post a Comment