Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Carmi's Photographic theme - Kitchen

On property near my cousin's house in north Florida stands a log cabin. It had sat on property owned by my cousin's husband's employer and was to be torn down. M. asked to move it to his property, and indeed, he did. A fully functioning house, I am delighted each time I see it. It has been a work in progress for several years. A back porch has been added, an outhouse (not functional) has been built, and fish pond has been dug. Everything is there that one could ever need.

I believe my favorite room in the cabin is the kitchen. When Carmi announced his theme, I realized I didn't have to look far for a photo.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mojo said...

Gotta love this kind of recycling!

Glennis said...

Oh, I just love this!! This is such a charming kitchen, I just want to hear that kettle squeal!!

Great post!

kenju said...

It's nice and rustic! I love that.

photowannabe said...

That's a real country kitchen. I love the red checked skirt on the cupboard.

Putz said...

ditto

Elisabeth said...

Love the red and white...cozy...I want to sit and have a cup or tea or coffee in your kitchen.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I love this kitchen....it's very quaint. Since I'm a tea drinker...I especially love the red tea kettle.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

What, pray tell, is a "not functional" outhouse?

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

So...when you go into this "not functional" outhouse to read, do you have to, um, you know, drop your drawers, or can you just be normal with your clothes?