Carmi's theme this week is roads. We've been on all kinds, haven't we. When I was little, the street by our house was a shell road, a bit rough and noisy as the tires of the car rode over them. The road to the beach was one that was also a rough one. I remember sitting in the back seat and going "uh-h-h-" as we drove over the bumpy road. I'm sure it must have driven my parents nuts. I told Ella about that a long time ago, and when she was on her daddy's lap, if he bounced her up and down, out came the "uh-h-h." She hasn't forgotten it either. Once or twice a day, I hear that sound coming from her. I smile.
In thinking of Carmi's theme, Roads, I thought of Paul Harvey's essay about dirt roads. At least, it is attributed to him. You can read it here.
12 comments:
Nice, Bev. And you can talk about the other kinds of roads in our lives, the winding ones that take us on journeys, our heavenly Father with us all the way.
Such a pretty road in the photo,. I can just see your joy in heading towards your friends' house.
Great theme shot and interesting remarks. I think my kids did that sound too...
I'm not too fond of the UN either but it was in Haiti where we were going so I had to photograph it.
I was really wondering what type of remarks I would get from that post. They were surprisingly good.
Roads can be so many things in life, like you say.
Great theme shot!
This is my first entry for Thematic Photograpfic :)
Have a great day!
Anna
Beverly
I always think of the road less traveled -- and how we miss so much by not taking it.
Very good theme!
That's not the road to MY house - and I'm a friend in NC!!! LOL
Let's not forget about the fork in the roads we travel. I think I've made the correct decisions when approaching a fork for most of my life, but have you ever wondered what might have happened if you went the other way?
I remember that as a child when the interstates were just being built, it took three days to get from Indiana to Virginia...
Now, I can drive from Virginia to Mississippi in one day, with some time to spare.
Roads. They have changed so much... from the winding gravel roads of the countryside to the multi-lane interstates of today. I can drive from my home in Canada all the way to Florida in just a couple of days on those interstate highways.... quite amazing when I consider the distance travelled and so many different types of terrain to be crossed.
When we drive the I-75 from the Great White North to Florida, I often think about what it must have been like before these marvels of engineering connected vast distances so easily. Someday, we'll take the road less travelled when time is less of an issue.
Lovely reflection on some amazing journeys, Beverly. I'm so glad you shared this as part of the theme!
A lovely, curving road. No, when it leads to a friend's house, it is never too long.
It does look like a nice road. You must have some great memories of visiting your friend and then packing up and moving on to Virginia and your dear little granddaughter.
Cool theme.
love this photo! it gives me a sense of anticipation of long chats over a cup of coffee with a good friend...good times!
Post a Comment