Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Ella's Big Day

The morning started out with a pedicure. I'm amazed how still she sat while her mommy did her nails.
Then it was off to the mall for her first haircut. It was really just a trim.
Instead of a lollipop for sitting nicely, a ride on the carousel was in order.

After lunch and a nap, it was off to the pool with fun in the water. When she was asked what she wanted for her birthday dinner, she replied, "White mashed potatoes and steak." Her dad was very pleased! And he did such a good job grilling it. When it came time for birthday cake, my camera suddenly said, "Replace battery pack." Do I have an extra one? No. But her mom was busy taking photos, so all is not lost. Sarah comes tomorrow, and there will be another little party on Saturday for a few little friends and some adults. Stay tuned.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

jel said...

looks like she had a good time,

she's growing up so fast,

MadSnapper n Beau said...

She is so beautiful. Her hair looks like silk.I am glad you had your time with her and that you are home safely.

KGMom said...

Love the toenails being done! Too cute.
And that look on concentration during the haircut. Priceless.

Froggymama said...

She is so gorgeous.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Her hair is so georgous! When I first saw the pictures, I was afraid you were having it cut short! Steak!! Does she eat it and like it? I haven't seen her for so long, I was kind of amazed how big she is now. Kiss her for me.

Wendy said...

How delightful! A whole day devoted to sweet Ella, starting with a pedicure!! What fun!

Oh, it's happened so many times to me too. Battery runs out. Do I have a spare? Of course not. LOL!

Ella is gorgeous. That hair of hers shines so bright! Glad she had a good birthday. Hope you can post a pic of her cake.
Love and hugs,

srp said...

Oh... HAPPY BIRTHDAY,ELLA!!! What a cutie pie! They grow up so fast and go off to college and grad school and on their own. Love that hair cut!!!

Yes, we have had company for three weeks... Nyssa and Stephen the first week and then she left and my cousins came and days have been filled chopping vegetables and fruits and stir frying and making rice and... well.. I thought Stephen ate a lot... my two cousins are hollow... unbelievably hollow and skinny. It really isn't fair... metabolism.

Jamie Dawn said...

It sounds like her birthday was a lot of fun! Pedicures and hair salons... yep, she's all girl.
:-)
She is such a darling child!!

podso said...

smiling

Clara....in TN said...

She is precious...... quite a beauty!

Anonymous said...

She has passed the threshold from babyhood to little girl. What a delight!! Happy Birthday little one. :-)

Z said...

Happy Birthday, Ella!

I can't BEWEAVE you're THREE! xxx

photowannabe said...

These are too cute Bev. Ella is such a beautiful little girl. I love her toenails and sunny smile.
Hope your drive home was uneventful.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh, I love her first haircut picture....Happy Birthday to sweet Ella.

L. said...

Oh, to be a little girl again.....*sigh*
She is so adorable...I know that you had such fun on your visit!

xoxo