Friday, September 04, 2009

Happenings

This blog has been collecting dust and cobwebs for the last few days. Every time I think about posting, I lie down until the feeling passes over...not really. Some of you who follow on FaceBo*k know that my daughter was laid off from her job a month ago. Long before that, we had talked about her selling her house and moving back in with me in order to save us both some money.
If you're aware at all, you know that real estate has not especially been a hot commodity in Florida, particularly after all of the overdeveloping of property and the unreal prices that people had put on their houses. Sarah got her house in 2002 before everything escalated, and now she is selling it, hoping to break even. Just the other day, a realtor called her to say that a couple had put an offer on it, so we're praying that there will not be any holdups to this sale. You can pray with us.
She has sold all of her furniture except for her bed and her living room furniture, which is going to fit nicely in a back room of my house...(not her bed) Right now she's busy painting her bedroom and then she's going to do mine before I have some new flooring put down.


So, my house which has been without a cat for about four years now is going to be inhabited once again with two furry friends, Samson (pictured above) and Monroe whom you see with Sarah.
We brought Sarah home to this house 32 years ago as our firstborn. Our house was new; we were fairly young embarking on parenting for the first time. Now mom is getting older...how can that be!
The main thing left now is for Sarah to find work again! You can pray about that too...please, and thank you.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

podso said...

Good news on the house for Sarah! Hope those mice don't come with the cats.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly:

I did not know about your daughter -- I am sorry to hear that this economy had an impact on her job. But, for her to come "home" I think is wonderful for the both of you!And to think you also get two furry children to come also!!

jel said...

ya got it :)


blessings to ya both

Ginny Hartzler said...

Finally, a new post. Hurrah!! I am glad to hear about the pending house sale. But I still know it's sad to sell your home, so I am sad for Sarah.Samson looks just like our first cat. We called her "Put" short for "I taut I saw a putty tat.I did,I did" From Sylvester and Tweety. Post more often!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like such a good plan... kind of a win/win situation. I am hoping that the sale of the house goes as planned... and I have no doubt that such a bright girl will have a job in no time. Wishing you both all the best.

photowannabe said...

Sad Sarah lost her job but glad she can sell her home and you now have a wonderful companion. Praying she will find fulfilling work and that you will have rich, fruitful times together.

Wendy said...

I think it's wonderful for Sarah to be moving back with you. No reason each should have a separate house and all the expenses.
Sorry Sarah had to lose her job, but hopefully since that door has closed, another, better one will open.

I haven't been blogging much this summer either. Would rather be outside. Or visiting the grandkids. So I totally understand, but it's nice to hear from you.
Hugs

Z said...

I'll pray..all the best!

That is ONE BIG WONDEFUL CAT!!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I know what you're going through--by three! We have three adult daughters who have moved back home. It's getting kind of crowded!

Anonymous said...

isn't it great to know that when we make our plans, God directs our steps. I think this is going to be a sweet season for you and Sarah. enjoy!

carmilevy said...

She inherited your goodness...and that will no doubt help her weather this challenge and come out stronger on the other side.

I empathize all too well with what she's going through. Contract work for the past year has been a challenge in an economy where the marketing/communications budget is the first thing to go when revenues fall. I'm interviewing now, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I hope Sarah finds another job soon Bev. I know so many people in the same boat. She will be fine with you by her side for support....I'll say a little prayer for her. Bless you both.

JeanMac said...

What a great plan for you two. All the best for Sarah's job search.