Ella has the right idea. People will be very busy from now on, keeping their yards cleared of leaves as they fall. We were out playing the other day, and she was more interested in sweeping the driveway and raking than playing, although we did a fair amount of playing too.
While she was up in the tree and I was standing there to help her down, I noticed these lonely leaves, a picture of things to come.
And here is my favorite subject--Hector and Ella. While we were out, Hector came down to visit. He is a dream of a cat, just the perfect one for two little girls who love to pet him. However, he did decide to get away from Ella and went through the hole in the neighbor's fence. Ella called and called him, and he came just close enough for him to see her. They visited for a while before we came in the house for lunch.

12 comments:
You will probably see a lot of color change by the time you leave VA. But enjoy the color up north!
I wish I had her here raking my many, many leaves and acorns.
I am looking forward to your pictures of nature this fall! The two leaves are very artistic. But of course you know my favorite! What a good picture that one is, it truly tells a thousand words. Poor Hector probably needed some peace and quiet!
Yes, fall is on it's way. I have coloured leaves all around me, but grey skies too, which take away from the lovely reds and golds.
So you are going to be in the Finger Lakes..... you should see some lovely colours in that area.
Beverly
Enjoy your trip up North. I bet the fall colors are spectacular. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself!
be safe, hurry home. the peeking cat is to funny, i agree, cat might be looking for a little R & R
Love your shot of Ella having one of her conversations with Hector.
Have a great time with all your visits in different places.
Ella just steals the show every time. She is such a little sweetie, even looking through the fence at Hector or raking the leaves (wait until there are lots and lots - then she'll want to jump in too!).
Enjoy your trip. And arrive home safely.
Hugs
Such a sweetie - I love the pictures you post. Enjoy your visit.
Oh the fall....I just love it! Ella is just too cute with that rake...and that cat. Hope you really enjoy your trip Bev. ~Joy
Two friends visiting. It reminded me of when we first moved to Mississippi and met the next door neighbors. Nyssa and Lori were just four months apart in age but Lori had an immune problem as a baby and she didn't get to be around kids her own age until she was four. The fence between our yards was like this and they actually met through the cracks. Ended up being best buds for several years.
Love Ella. And am loving Hector. Too cute!!
Post a Comment