Hanging on Mary Jane's porch were these beautiful hanging pots of
fuchsias. I had never particularly noticed this flower before. A friend of mine in California, along with her husband, raise these beautiful flowers and belong to a
fuchsia society. Now I can see why. Click on the photo to see the detail.
10 comments:
They are beautiful, aren't they? Years ago, a former neighbor of mine was going out of town for 2-3 weeks and asked me to take care of her (huge) hanging fuschia. I knew nothing about them, and although I followed her directions, by the time she returned, all the flowers had dropped off and the plant was near death. I felt terrible!
thanks for sharing, I have heard the word but never seen the plant. Beautiful collage and beautiful flowers.
PS, i forgot to say the apple cheeked Ella is very beautiful in your profile picture. great shot
Fushias are so lovely and come in so many varieties. I used to think they looked like ballerinas dancing with their full skirts.
Everyone just must click on these to make them bigger, there is a world of difference! How lovely! I had no idea they had the purple in them.
I've never had luck with them - these are great.
Was it really cool there? I guess her porch was enclosed as these look too delicate to be outside. They are lovely! I am starting the arduous task of getting flower beds prepared for planting. Today I am stiff as a board.
They are beautiful. They probably need full sun, though. I want to plant something on my patio but it doesn't get much sun.
My sister grows them in British Colombia and they are one of her favourites. She bought me a Fushsia bush while she was visiting this spring. It actually did quite well, considering our cold summer. They are indeed so very lovely. These photos capture them very nicely.
I adore fuchias!! They are so beautiful. Each spring I buy a couple at the garden center and keep them in pots on my deck. They like shade, so do well here. Unfortunately, they don't overwinter, so when the temps turn cold, they just die.
Love your header! Little Ella is a cutie-pie!
Post a Comment