My son asked if he could use my car to go to that very popular, well-known furniture store that everyone loves that I've never been to.
Of course, I said that he could, and then he asked if I would like to go along. If it had been to see the sights of the D.C. area, I would have jumped at the chance, but since it was a shopping trip, I politely declined. Besides, where would they put the furniture?
Last night when David got the suitcase out, Ella kept trying to unzip all the zippers. Her daddy asked her where she was going, and she answered that she was going to take a trip around the world. So this morning when she came upstairs to tell me good-by, I told her to have a good time on her trip around the world.
I decided to take a drive around this morning, but when I went out, it began to rain, so I came back to the house and started watching a football game. After a while, I looked out the window and the sun was out, so I took advantage of the time to take a few photos. It's sort of hard to take pictures while you're driving, so I ended up driving through a local cemetery not far from David's house. There was no traffic there. And I had to get back in time for the Pe*n State football game.
The colors are not brilliant, but very pleasant. I felt that if I didn't get them today, the rains might come and wash them all away. One more week, and I'll be headed back to fall in Florida, where the temperatures have dropped some (I hope) and the humidity won't be so bad. Our fall decorations adorn our houses, but it just isn't quite the same as feeling the crisp air and excitement that comes in the states to the north.

6 comments:
the trees and colors are wonderful, they look like paintings. What a drive, I would have love to be with you in all this beauty.
Beverly, your photos are lovely. Our leaves have begun to change, but we are far from our peak yet.
Did David go to Ikea? You should have gone; it is a very interesting place even if you don't plan to buy, and their kitchen gadgets are really fun to see.
Lovely pictures, my favorite being the first one because of the long path. In a way, a trip through the cemetary is a trip around the world. Also a great place for birdwatching, peace, and beauty.
Those trees are lovely Beverly.
Sad to say the temperatures haven't dropped too much here. Very mild but still warm. Enjoy your time with Ella.
Those pictures are great. I love the imagination of a child - going on a world trip, yet:)
I hope you decide to go with Ella around the world! Might be interesting! Lovely fall colours.
Post a Comment