Usually I've been doing Monday Morning Manna at the beginning of the week, and I will, but I wanted to share a bit about my recent trip to Virginia. I feel like the school child who returns after summer break and has the assignment to write about what they did on vacation.
When I was with my family in September, David asked me what I wanted for my birthday. "Nothing," I said, and then I thought about the times that I had told him I would love to see a college football game with him. That never happened, So when I got home, he wrote and asked me if I would like to go to a UVA game. I didn't have to think twice. It was a cool, crisp day for football, perfect weather. The band was great; the team lost, but it was fun to watch the faithful fans cheer their team on.
The next week, Sarah and I went to hear the Waynesboro Symphony Orchestra at the Paramount Theater in Charlottesville. Experiencing the theater was a treat, but hearing the symphony was even better. The director of the symphony is Peter Wilson, a master sergeant in the U.S. Marine band. The them of the evening was a salute to America. He brought along with him two members of the band from Washington.
Toward the end of the evening the three men performed a piece of music that Mr. Wilson composed after September 11, 2001. Below is a video of the song. In the video, Mr. Wilson is the gentleman on the end, playing the violin. Listen and enjoy.
10 comments:
Yes, I recognize him! I bet it was a real treat. I have only seen them perform in churches.
I have never seen or heard this and it was wonderful. It would be a perfect post for Veteran's Day 11-11-11. Thank you for sharing.
Oh My Oh My! How powerful! May the Lord bless those who wrote and all those who hear this song! Thanks for posting.
beautiful song, and new to me also. you had a wonderful trip to VA, glad you had so much fun.
I really enjoyed that Bev...beautiful. Your trip sounds pretty great...so glad you had fun. Have a wonderful week... ~Joy
Sounds like a fun birthday trip! Thanks for sharing the music! Beautiful!
fabulous song...and the music and singing got better and better and better....just wonderful. What terrific words, what patriots! I wish all Americans were like these people!
Thanks, Beverly.
Happy Birthday to you! Glad you had a great time with your family.
HAPPY HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU!
Happy New Year to you and your family. May 2012 be full of happiness and good health.
Post a Comment