Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Spring!

 It has been a long time since I last posted.  In fact, it was after I had traveled to Virginia at Christmas time, so maybe my blogposts will depend on trips that I take.  I must confess that I spend more time reading what everyone is doing via FaceBook, but I know that there are many who do not go there, so I hate to give up blogging completely.  The purpose for my trip to Virginia was to visit Ella at her school for Grandparents' Day.  Last Friday, I got to visit her classroom and then enjoy a program that was presented by the music teacher at her school.  School was a half-day, so we left, went to Chick Fil-A for lunch, and then went to her house, where her mommy was working from home for the day, and her daddy was recovering from pneumonia.
 One of the perks of coming at this time of the year has been getting to see all of the beautiful spring flowers.  This dogwood is in David's yard.  Dogwood has always been a favorite of mine, and I have just been in awe of all the flowering trees in the neighborhood, and in the parks and along the highway.
 David lives not far from a park where all kinds of activities take place.  Right now the baseball season is opening for the kids.  A river runs along the edge of the park, and a little way away is a serenity garden which has been dedicated to cancer survivors and their caregivers.  This particular photo and the one below were taken from that garden.

 This lovely building is the P. Buckley Moss Museum.  She has lived in this area for many years and can be seen at different times of the year here and also in St. Petersburg, Florida.  When I went to a signing one year, she told me she prefers now to paint in St. Pete, because the light is so much better there.  I understand completely what she means!
Ella is playing T-Ball once again.  What a difference a year makes!  There are some really tiny kids playing ball.  When they swing the bat, they usually go around with it.  Ella has pretty good form and pays more attention this year.  If you've ever watched four and five year olds play, you know what I'm talking about.

It is so much fun to listen to her read and watch her write.  I told her mother the other night I'm interested to know where her imagination is going to take her.  Dr. Seuss's book, Oh the Places You'll Go, is a great fit for her.

Until the next trip...or maybe before...

10 comments:

kenju said...

Wonderful photos, especially the top one!! I hope Ella enjoys baseball, seeing as how you and David do!

podso said...

Your new header is a stunner, Bev! I know you are enjoying the spring colors ... but most of all the ones you are there to visit. Cannot believe how much Ella has grown! She looks like a lot of fun. Hope to see yoi soon,

Ginny Hartzler said...

It's nice to see you posting! The school program sounds like the one we went to on the evening David went to the doctor? But I didn't see you there. Have you been seeing Ella on my blog, or kind of given up blog hopping? Hey, how abut coming to the good Friday program with us Friday evening?

S. Etole said...

The trees add so much beauty. Blessings for your Easter!

Fred Alton said...

Beautiful shots of Spring, Beverly! We didn't see much of that when I lived in Lacoochee. I guess the spanish moss kept the trees looking full all winter?

photowannabe said...

Happy to see a post again. Your trip looks wonderful and the flowering trees are gorgeous.
I'm so sorry to see that David has pneumonia. Hope his recovery is quick.
Enjoy your visit and a safe trip home.

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness, does Ella ever look like her Daddy! And so nice that she enjoys T-ball. It's so good to get kids into sports.

Nice time to visit with all those beautiful spring flowers. I also love dogwood.

Hope David gets well soon. Pneumonia is not something to fool with. My grands had it before Christmas. They're all fine now, thank goodness.

Sounds like you had a great trip. Love your header.

Joy Des Jardins said...

So good to see you post again. I'm actually taking a little break from blogging, but I expect I'll be back soon. I LOVE your new header....beautiful. My gosh Ella is getting so big...and is as cute as ever. She always looks like such a happy girl...hope she is really enjoying playing ball...it's such a good thing for kids. Take care Bev... ~Joy xo

kc bob said...

Spring is so beautiful!

Hope things are well with you Beverly. I have been on a blogging sabbatical and am glad to be reading your blog again.

Blessings, Bob

Z said...

Living in L.A., we get fewer blossoms like that than some states do...what a treat to see their beauty in your pictures. The masthead is INCREDIBLE! We are starting to see the purple jacarandas bloom, however. GORGEOUS...like you mentioned Dr Seuss, to me this is like "green eggs and ham...and purple tree leaves!"

Ella is really growing up! Such a cutie... it's great you got to spend grandparent day with her!

So good to see your adorable avatar when you visit geeeZ...
xx