Any of you who have known me for any time or who have read this blog know that I spent some time in Haiti teaching missionary kids before I met and married Don and raised a family here in Florida. Even though I was in Haiti for a relatively short time (three and a half years) I came to love Haiti, its people, and the missionaries that I worked with.
I especially loved the kids, and now we do not have a teacher/pupil relationship, but one of good friends. After I left Haiti in 1973 and got married and lived here in Bradenton, Don and I entertained many of those families in our home when they happened to be traveling through Florida and had a personal connection with many of them over the years.
Several of the missionary couples who have retired moved here to Bradenton to live in the Bradenton Missionary Village which was built by Anthony Rossi, the founder of Tropicana Products. And so over the years I have enjoyed visiting these families and seeing their "kids" when they have come to visit.
This weekend we are meeting together to say goodbye to one of the missionaries, Don Adams. He and his wife Evelyn lived and worked in Haiti and later Suriname for 38 years before retiring and coming to Bradenton. While here, he ministered in the jail and in nursing homes. He was faithful to his family, his friends, and to his Heavenly Father, ministering faithfully until he could no longer do it physically.
We will say goodbye, knowing that we will meet again when God takes us home, or when He returns to take us with him. As so many have written, it is sad for those left on earth, but wonderful for the one being promoted to glory.

15 comments:
You do him justice, Beverly. May he rest in peace.
May the Lord Jesus comfort your hearts and minds as you are reminded of the faith of this good anmd godly man. I did not know him but reading that he continued witnessing for the Lord after his retirement speaks volumes.
I live right around the corner from retired missionaries Lloyd and Edna Frazier who spent more than 30 years as our missionaries in "L'eglise de Dieu - Nouveau Testament" in Haiti.
sorry ya lost a friend.
Well-done Bev. Thank you.
What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful friend.
I love the photo you posted. His face just shines with the love of the Lord.
It's going to be quite a reunion when we all get to heaven...
Such an honoring and Godly tribute for your friend.
What a nice tribute to your friend Bev....beautiful. God Bless him....and you. ~Joy
thinking of you......such nice thoughts of your friend.
What a beautiful man, in this picture you posted, and in spirit.
A nice tribute to a good friend.
Hugs,
"sad for those left on earth, but wonderful for the one being promoted"
Well said Beverly! I am sorry for your loss.
Blessings, Bob
Hey very cool web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?I am satisfied to seek out a lot of useful info right here within the publish, we'd like develop extra strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
Hello there, I found your site by way of Google at the same time as looking for a related topic, your site got here up, it seems to be great. I’ve bookmarked to my favourites|added to bookmarks.
Breast Cancer Treatment
A nice tribute to your colleague.
I tell you truthfully I look forward to the time we can all feast at the Banquet Table. There is so much sorrow at being separated, and even the aging process is painful as it reminds us of our fragility. Love the mission work you've done, Bev. What a blessing you are.
Amen to that... I was so happy to see you write the words, "Promoted to Glory." As an old Salvation Army soldier...we always said that when someone died, and its so nice. We never die, as Jesus said....I believe we are set free from our earthly tent and become the spirit and soul we are, in Glory. Love and blessings from Oz.
Post a Comment