If you've noticed, I've hardly blogged at all, and when I do, it seems it has been about losing someone. I get these posts in an email from Steve Goodier, at www.LifeSupportSystem.com.
It might be what you need for todeay.
Thomas Watson, former CEO and chairman of IBM, was famous for
putting the word "THINK" on prominent walls of every IBM building.
The tradition has carried on into modern times. Not long ago in a
restroom at IBM's Watson Center, a supervisor placed a "THINK" sign
directly above the sink.
The next day, when he entered the restroom, he glanced at the sign.
Just below it and immediately above the soap dispenser, someone had
carefully lettered another sign that which read: "THOAP!"
How often do you laugh at work? Actually, humor can make a serious
difference. In the workplace, at home, in all areas of life -
looking for a reason to laugh is necessary. A sense of humor helps
us to get through the dull times, cope with the difficult times,
enjoy the good times and manage the scary times.
Case in point: six-year-old Hannah. Hannah encountered one of the
most frightening times of her life when she discovered she had
cancer. Six years old and she might not live. And if she were to
give life a shot, Hannah would have to endure painful, almost
endless medical treatments. At one point she lost all her hair due
to chemicals pumped into her tiny body. On days when she felt strong
enough to get out, she often covered her head.
One day while shopping with her mother, Hannah donned a ball cap
with a fake pony tail sewn into the back. Unless one looked closely,
she looked as if she had a full head of hair. Before long Hannah
noticed a small boy staring at her as if he were trying to figure
out what was slightly off about the girl. She tried to ignore him,
but he followed her around the store. Finally, she ripped off her
cap revealing her shiny, hairless head. In a stern voice she warned,
"This is what happens when you don't eat your vegetables!"
I don't know what became of the boy, but I suspect he is now a
committed vegetarian. As for Hannah, her sense of humor helped get
her through one of life's scariest times.
5 comments:
always helps not to take yourself to seriously and laugh. I wish I had done it earlier!!!
Love that Hannah story! During Ron's cancer treatments the hardest part was waiting with children.
Good for Hannah! Love her courage.
Amazing courage and a wonderful sense of humor.
I haven't been by your blog for a while. So happy to see a new post, (or new to me...(:0).)
Have a wonderful day Bev.
Hey, Bev. How's the 'Coochee Kid? Wonderful way to approach any illness. Humor works. Much better than complaining - unless it's me! hahaha.
Post a Comment