For having said that I was going to blog more, I certainly have not done it. I love keeping up with people on Facebook, but I find myself passing over a lot of stuff and "unfollowing" pages, especially during these days, and I think you know what I mean.
I drove down to Florida a couple of weeks ago. I was really wanting to visit with my long-time friends, and I wanted to see one couple before they left for the north for the summer. I have so many people who question my driving to Florida all by myself. I've done it during the past nine years since Ella was born, and so I did again this time and didn't feel any worse for the wear. I spent the week visiting and eating. On Tuesday the girls from the class of '59 had lunch together. There were three of us there from out of town, so it was a grand time, catching up with each other's news.
On Thursday morning, I met some ladies for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I visited with them, and then another friend came and we ate and chatted for a long time. While there, I was visiting with a gentleman whom I've known for a while, and sitting opposite us was a girl I had in first grade twenty years ago. She was in one of my ESOL classes. Her family was from Cambodia, and her English was limited, so I had the joy of helping her learn English and learn to read. I asked her what she is doing now, and she told me that she was working in an oncologist's office, that she's working on her master's degree and she plans to go further in her studies. That makes me smile a lot.
This past weekend, I enjoyed Mother's Day with Sarah and David. Sarah came over on Saturday to be with Ella for a bit, and then we enjoyed lunch together at a local restaurant. Yesterday, David cooked lunch for me. He went online and looked for some Haitian recipes. He made red beans and rice and Haitian chicken for me. I did enjoy it so much.
I appreciate so much being close to my children. Sarah and David both do so much for me. Of course, it is wonderful being close to Ella and being able to spend time with her almost any time I want.
Maybe it won't be so long before I post again. When I repost some of my posts on Facebook and read some of the comments that people make, I realize how much I miss hearing from some of them.

3 comments:
Nice to see a post, Beverly, but I am dismayed that you didn't come and see me on your way south or back north. We are due for a visit!!
Yes, I almost DID faint! Good to see you blogging. Now if only I could get the gumption to...it is an ongoing question mark.
It is always a delight when you turn up again.
Post a Comment