Friday, March 17, 2006

Grasshoppers, anyone?

 

I love this picture. I have some friends who are missionaries in Cameroon, Africa. When they first went to the field, I asked Ellen if she would like some Pampered Chef products to take along. One of the items selected was the batter bowl, which comes with a lid. At our shows we tout all the benefits of this bowl...it truly is very useful and versatile. However, this is one use that I don't think anyone in the home office thought of.

When Thom and Ellen came to visit, they told me how much Gladys, the lady who works in their home, enjoyed all the products. In a later letter, there were several photos.

It started out with the young Cameroonians out in the field gathering grasshoppers, the next picture is this one of Gladys, holding the catch in the batter bowl...then the grasshoppers frying in the pan...finally being eaten by Thom.

It reminds me of the old song, "Where He leads me, I will follow, What He feeds me, I will swallow." Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jel said...

I ate grasshoppers before, their not half bad :)

have a great weekend

srp said...

As God would probably say,"Protein is protein." I was thinking the little grasshoppers, you'd have to eat a whale of a lot of them for a meal. These look like grasshoppers that could be used in an "Attack of the Killer _______"; (fill in the blank.)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect tool for gathering grasshoppers.. but I do not think I could bring myself to eat one.