Arise, my soul, arise; shake off thy guilty fears;
The bleeding sacrifice in my behalf appears:
Before the throne my surety stands,
Before the throne my surety stands,
My name is written on His hands.
He ever lives above, for me to intercede;
His all redeeming love, His precious blood, to plead:
His blood atoned for all our race,
His blood atoned for all our race,
And sprinkles now the throne of grace.
Five bleeding wounds He bears; received on Calvary;
They pour effectual prayers; they strongly plead for me:
ÂForgive him, O forgive, they cry,
ÂForgive him, O forgive, they cry,
ÂNor let that ransomed sinner die!Â
The Father hears Him pray, His dear anointed One;
He cannot turn away, the presence of His Son;
His Spirit answers to the blood,
His Spirit answers to the blood,
And tells me I am born of God.
My God is reconciled; His pardoning voice I hear;
He owns me for His child; I can no longer fear:
With confidence I now draw nigh,
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And ÂFather, Abba, Father, cry.
These words were written by Charles Wesley.
Thank you, Lord, that my name is written on Your hand. I am born of God, and I can draw near to You with confidence...all because of the death, burial, and resurrection of my Lord.
6 comments:
We closed our service today with a choir number that is more traditionally sung at Christmas, but fitting at any time. The Hallelujah Chorus by Handel. We sang all the wonderful hymns of Easter.
Have a blessed Easter.
Hope you are having a blessed Easter.
morning Beverly,
hope you have a great day!
Mom,
You should try and find James Ward's version of this song on CD. It was sung at Jubilee many years with amazing energy. It often lit up the 2 thousand students singing together.
The depth and passion in the lyrics give visions of glory and praise as they are sung.
-David
Check that, it wasn't james ward's version, it is Indelible Grace's version.
You may really like Indelible Grace, they are trying to renew the hymn in contemporary evangelical life.
www.indeliblegrace.com
and finally, a little clip if you couldn't find it on their website...
http://ruf.org/sounds/mp3/AriseMySoulArise.mp3
Post a Comment