Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Song for Sunday

When I thought about an entry for today, my mind was still on Ben and his family. I worshiped this morning where his dad is pastor. It is also the church that I grew up in and was a member of until 1992 when our family went to a new church. I have many close ties there still.

Ben's dad wasn't back from North Carolina today; he'll be back tomorrow. His mom was, however. Her dad died yesterday after a short illness. His memorial service is tomorrow. And then Ben's mom will be taking a leave from her classroom for the rest of the year to go back up and help be a support to her daughter-in-law, who is student teaching.

One of the songs we sang this morning was "Great is Thy Faithfulness." Such a wonderful hymn. We sang that at my husband's memorial service four years ago. I was going to put the words here, but when I went to cyberhymal.org, there was a copyright sign after the title with the warning not to cut and paste it without permission...so I didn't. But it is such a wonderful hymn...speaking of God's faithfulness through good time and bad. It is probably my favorite hymn.

We also sang "I Can Only Imagine," another great contemporary song that has been sung a lot lately. And then we shared the Lord's supper. That was just where I was supposed to be today.

On Tuesday I'm going with a group of senior citizens to Nashville. I hate to admit that I'm that age. But the thought of getting on a bus and let someone else do all the planning and worrying sort of pleases me, so I'm going to give it a try.

4 comments:

srp said...

Have a good time. We made a whirlwind trip to Williamsburg to see the girl and have lunch and go to a function. We will keep your friends in our prayers.

jel said...

have a good time on your trip, and a safe one :)

and my prayers are with your friends too!

Anonymous said...

I think a bus trip to Nashville sounds wonderfull. From what I have seen .. seniors are a very fun group. ( I am soon to be one of them :-))

Anonymous said...

Bev,
Need to do lunch soon so I can hear all about the Nashville trip.
Praying for Ben and family, hard row to hoe with chemo & etc.,
Peg