Christmas Day was the first time that Ella's great-grandpa had seen her. She was so content to sit in his arms, and, of course, that made him very happy. Ed is my husband's father and lives here in Bradenton. Don's dad died in 1995. Ed remarried a couple of years later, and that wife died from cancer about three years ago. He lives alone here, but he keeps himself busy with work and activities at church.
As you can see, the cheeks are still there...just makes you want to get all the sugar you can. Ella is a very happy baby. She's very smiley in the morning and talks and laughs a lot.
Her dad often mimics her expressions, which at times, are quite amusing. Please note that she is wearing her first Penn State t-shirt! The family is here until Friday morning when they fly back to Virginia. The weather was nasty on Christmas day and a little messy yesterday, but today is beautiful...so sunny, but a bit cool...just the way we Floridians like it.
9 comments:
I can see where Ella gets her looks! Do you pinch your son's too? Sweet pictures, you will always treasure them. I'm glad your holiday was filled with such lovely people.
Yes, I would fangirl the Braves too, so its probably a good thing I can't get down for spring training...easily. We are actually contemplating a trip south. Who knows!
Sorry I haven't visited lately, but I'm so glad to see these adorable pictures of little Ella. What a blessed Christmas you must have had with Great Grandpa and the little sweetie!
((hugs))
I could squeal over those cheeks! And I see we have the college issue settled already.
Happy they are there for a visit with you.
Sweet Ella.
Oh my! How is that college issue going over in Charlottesville? (wink!) She is too cute and it looks like she knows her way into a man's heart already. Her daddy is going to have to keep a close eye on her. Ella is going to be having little boys sending her presents by the time she starts kindergarten, for sure.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas... with Ella around, I am SURE you did!
Oh my Ella you define cuteness! How absolutely mesmerizing she is and indeed happy! It is so good to see Great Grand-dad holding the grandbaby. Fabulous pictures. Know you had a wonderful Christmas. Oh yes you were right Christmas Day was miserable here in Florida. Bad storms rolled through -- several tornadoes struck...one not too far in Lake City. Luckily no one was even hurt in that.
Looking forward to more pictures!
My gosh, they just don't come any cuter!
Oh Beverly, she is just so cute. I can feel the pride that Great Grandpa feels as he holds her. How wonderful that he was able to spend time with her.
She is just sooooooo cute (and her dad isn't bad either).....LOL
Such great pictures Bev, loved looking at them and so glad the family was able to be together too. I liked her shirt, may as well start early with pushing 'higher education'.
Post a Comment