In a previous post, there was a picture of Ella in her first Penn State t-shirt. Her mother decided there must be equal time! Actually, she received this t-shirt from a Kenyon friend before the Penn State t-shirt came on the scene. Sabrina graduated from Kenyon, and then after working for a while, went to Penn State to get her master's degree. That's where she and David met.While we're talking about Penn State, how about the football bowl games! Penn State beat Tennessee, Michigan got beat, and Florida, yes Florida, beat Ohio State. Go, Gators! I got so tired of the analysts excusing Ohio State for playing poorly because they had not played for 50 some days. They clearly were outplayed. However, on any given day, I suppose anything can happen.
As you know, Ella has cystic fibrosis, and I read a forum daily where parents and patients write, ask questions, offer advice, and describe their lives as cfers. I recently discovered through this forum a blog, Breathing Deeply. I encourage you to read this young woman's blog. She, in my opinion, for as much as I know, has a very balanced approach to her life. Her post today is particularly good. She also has a blog, Pools of Grace, which is a daily devotional. I find her writing very encouraging, and I hope you will too. Tell her I sent you.
*************************************************************************************
Speaking of blogs, I have added hers and two others to my sidebar. Can anyone tell me why I have the space between the titles? There is no space when I put in all the coding. One I've added is Vicki's blog. I met Vicki on Thursday in St. Petersburg, the first blogger I've had the opportunity to meet in the flesh. I hope it won't be the last meeting with her, and I surely want to meet others. The other is Just Ask Judy. I would have added them much sooner, but I'm a little bit on the lazy side. They are both daily reads for me.
11 comments:
Next time it's the other side of the bridge at the Crab Shack. That baby is not just five months old- look at her all sitting up and at attention! I'm glad she's doing so well.
Thanks for the link to Breathing Deeply, too. :-)
How fun that you met Vicki! Love the picture of Ella. She's growing so fast!
I have no clue why your links are spaced, but mine are too, and the new beta sets them automatically...
Thanks for adding me, Beverly, I am honored. And I am still trying not to be jealous that you met Vicki! Maybe sometime I can get down there and meet both of you!
Ella is a dream. I pray for her daily, and I am glad to see her looking so well (in addition to cute).
Beverly, I don't see any odd spacing. Either you fixed it or Safari on a Mac shows it differently. Looks good to me.
I am smarting from the memory of UT's defeat by Penn. It was just ONE fumble!!! ONE! Actually, it was a pretty good game, for football, which pales beside you-know-what, for me. I am trying to get in the social swing of post-World Series sports, but I'll never take up with basketball except for the Lady Vols.
sweet baby gal!! I love every pic you post!!
:-D
Sweet baby Ella is looking quite spiffy, as usual.
The spacing thing seems to be some sort of ordered process from blogrolling. Does it on mine, too.
Living so close to the University of Virginia, I am surprised she doesn't have one of their t-shirts yet. Too cute.
Thank you sooooooooooo much for not mentioning the OU vs. Boise State game. I was glad to see Ohio State lose although living in Mississippi State land for so long, I am not a Florida fan. But with that loss at least everyone will stop talking about OU. There is always next year. Boise State is a flash in the pan one time wonder.
Oh, yes. I'm still a little jealous about your lunch with Vicki. ;)
And I just received that invitation thing to switch to the new blogger and am trembling in my boots. I will resist for a while as when I switch Bloggerbot on Hello won't work and that is how I like to post my pictures. So when they shut that down, I'll switch. Technology scares me at times.
Beverly.. the spaces do not show on the browser FireFox but are apparent on Internet Explorer. I looked at the source coding for the page and I think I see why. Now I do not know how blogger works but each link is in between 'li' and '/li' coding attributes. In the two new links the "/" is missing in the ending attribute... thus a space is left. My suggestion is to delete the links and try adding them again. I think blogger has not edited the html attributes correctly. Sorry if this sounds to complicated. I wish I could just come over for coffee and fix it for you.
You met Vicki! Isn't she divine? Well, all except for that U of M business.
I know she was enriched by meeting you too, Beverly!
Ella gets more squeezable in every photo!
I love how the internet is bringing people together who would have otherwise not met. Isn't it terrific?
I was glad to see Florida win, if only to quiet the national media juggernaut who failed to even give them a chance.
Ella is looking as cute as ever.
That is a beautiful baby, Beverly. I trust that she is doing well.
Post a Comment