Friday, January 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sarah

January 20, 1977. We had to be at the hospital at 7 in the morning to have my labor induced. As we drove past the bank and looked at the temperature, it read 26 degrees. This was in FLORIDA. What a winter we had! I had been on bed rest for a month. One morning when I woke up, it seemed so cold in the house. We had no lights and no heat. The power company was doing rolling blackouts to be able to provide power to all of the homes in the area.
Later that day, at 2:25 Sarah made her entrance into the world, bringing much joy to her father and me. Today she is 30. It's hard to realize that many years have gone by. Sarah is a real source of strength to me. When I was very ill in 1991 and spent a lot of time in the hospital. In the eighth grade at the time, she took over the household duties and carried on, doing well at school and doing so much at home.
I salute my daughter today. She is a caring, giving person who gives 100% in whatever she does. She recently transferred to another department at her work. One of her clients upon hearing that she wouldn't be dealing directly with them anymore told her that she was the reason they had kept their business there. Another client told her that he was going to write a letter and put it in her file, stating that she is the epitome of customer service.
Sarah's definitely her father's daughter. When I look at her, I see his smile, the way she throws her head back when she laughs like he did. I see in her work the same hard work ethic that he had, and it makes me very proud. He would be very proud, and I'm sure he's looking down on her today. Happy birthday, Sarah.

A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be your friend.

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the temperature that January 20, 1977 is the reason I like cold weather now! Love you. Thank you.

kenju said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,SARAH!

Karen Townsend said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. I feel the pride in your lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sarah. May it be one of the best ever.

AC said...

I'm betting you two are a lovely team. Happy birthday to your baby!

amarkonmywall said...

Happy birthday to your darling daughter, Beverly. I felt as though I knew her just a bit from talking with you about chikdren when we had lunch- it's nice to put these images with your proud reporting. And I think I see a smidge of you in her. :-)

srp said...

Happy Birthday to lovely Sarah!
And many, many more. Now, next year she can just celebrate her first anniversary... like I do now. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah- My friend, my best friend, my partner in crime, my ears, my thoughts, my heart. The source of entirely too many laughs in so few years. The sharing of cat stories never ends with us. I enjoy so many times of ours, all our heart 2 hearts, every laugh we share. There will never be another woman that i think i could connect with the way i have you. I love you like your are my blood sister and not just a sister in Christ. I dream big dreams for you and i have big hopes for all the happiness that you so richly deserve. An i look forward to all the many more good times we'll share!! Thanks Mrs. Bev & Mr. Don for Sarah!! She is a great gift for all to know. Love you girlie!! ~Heather~

Susie said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah.
She has such a lovely smile!
Both my children were born on frigid January days too!
:)

TJ said...

Awww...happy birthday sweet Sarah!!
What would we do without daughters Bev??
:-D