| What American accent do you have? Your Result: The South That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it. | |
| The Inland North | |
| The Northeast | |
| Philadelphia | |
| The Midland | |
| The West | |
| Boston | |
| North Central | |
| What American accent do you have? Quiz Created on GoToQuiz | |
9 comments:
Well, just as I suspected. I turned out to have a Midland accent, which means I have no accent at all.
That fits. Born in southern Indiana, early childhood in Virginia, later in Northern Indiana and Pennsylvania, then college in Oklahoma, med school in Texas, and fifteen years in Mississippi? No wonder my accent is all mixed up! Basically they couldn't tell for sure if I was from Florida, Philadelphia, Charleston or Chicago.
I'm inland north, which is funny to me.
Beverly I'm pure old southern accent? They's something about running around barefooted in these GA. clay hills that don't ever leave a country boy ? Blessings . Ron.
The quiz says I have a midland accent, though I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area all my life. When I visited my cousin in Minnesota she said I sounded like her. I don't know I just talk...
I am always so surprised when we travel and people say they love our Canadian accents. I never think of myself as having an accent. :-)
I took the test and here is what it said:
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.
This is too funny. :-)
Huh, I got Midland too with southern being next. I must have cheated in the test! as I've lived in the South all my life save for 10 weeks in Ithaca NY.
Mine came out Midland, too. When I lived in Indiana, I did make an effort to reign in the southern accent. So, I've lost a lot of it. It happens after so many moves, I guess.
The Midland...
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
Can you just imagine??? Hehe!!
Here I though I was southern...why come people ask me where I'm from then?? Huh...huh...can ya tell me???
:-D
Post a Comment