Sunday, August 05, 2007

One year old, part 2

A lovely table was set with several different appetizers and salads for guests to choose from. No one could say that they walked away hungry. Both David and Sabrina are quite good in the kitchen. They find that a lot of the recipes from the P*mpered Chef fit the bill.



One of the ladies who takes care of Ella brought a gift wrapped in D*ra paper. Ella loves D*ra. She just gets the biggest grin on her face when she sees her.


This activity table is going be one of her favorites. It has all sorts of gadgets to stimulate her. If you want to learn the alphabet in either English or Spanish, it's here for the taking.


After everyone was gone, all the balloons were gathered in one place for one last hurrah. Ella had a wonderful first birthday party, and everyone enjoyed being with her. I'm glad that I can share this with my blogging friends and other friends who stop by and let me know that they've read my posts.

Ella has been very healthy this first year of her life. We pray that it continues for many, many years to come. We pray that it won't be long before the scientists can discover how to engineer the gene to effect a cure for cystic fibrosis, a condition for which there is now no cure. Won't you join us?

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

I think you'll be joined by lots of people in that prayer, Beverly. Ella is so precious. The photos of her birthday celebration are great.

Thanks for sharing.

AC said...

I'm there in prayer with you. What a wonderful set of pictures. I have a very similar one-year birthday picture in high chair with cake. Everywhere.

Sunday was my baby's 22nd birthday. The time passes so quickly

Anonymous said...

Cystic Fibrosis effects so many innocent children. I am adding it to my charity list and when I give, I will think of Ella. Sending prayers her way as well.

carmilevy said...

I believe in my heart of hearts that this is the generation that will find a cure to this insidious disease. It has touched so many families close to us, yet no one has ever been able to write as eloquently about it as you. Your entries about her birthday are treasures of words and images, and they will doubtless give her strength in the years to come.

Anonymous said...

We're praying for a miracle for my niece, and I'm joining in your prayers for one for Ella. Whether through direct healing or the result of research (can you say "adult stem cells"?), healing for both will be gifts from God.

photowannabe said...

Oh Beverly, Ella has grown into such a darling little girl. Thanks for letting us join her wonderful birthday party. What a treat. She's like every other little one and enjoys the paper, boxes and hangers instead of the thing that's inside.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Ella!!

That is the pretties cake I've ever seen!!
:)

Babette said...

She has stolen many hearts in her one year, I can tell! Prayers for Ella and a cure!