Every morning when I open my e-mail there is a devotional there from Max Lucado. Sometimes I glance through it, and sometimes I am struck by the truth that is told so simply. This past week I read this thought.God is love. While some may love us because we're attractive or do nice things or they simply love us because of who we are. But He loves us because of who He is. He loves us because he has decided to. We don't cause him to love us; He loves us because He is love.
The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
It goes beyond the highest star,
And reaches to the lowest hell;
The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
God gave His Son to win;
His erring child He reconciled,
And pardoned from his sin.
When years of time shall pass away,
And earthly thrones and kingdoms fall,
When men, who here refuse to pray,
On rocks and hills and mountains call,
God’s love so sure, shall still endure,
All measureless and strong;
Redeeming grace to Adam’s race
—The saints’ and angels’ song.
Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints' and angels' song!
taken from Cyberhymnal.org
15 comments:
Look at that sweet baby girl posing so pretty. What a doll.
I love that song and have sung it many times.
Doesn't Max Lucado get right to the point in such a special way?
Is that Ella? Its such a darling picture.
How cute Miz Ella is!!
Max Lucado does some wonderful books too!
I tried to email you a reply to my comment but Yahoo is being a booger today so blame them if you didn't get it ;)
Hello Beverly,
Thanks for this post , even though I try to spread His Love every where I go , I still need the encouragement .
Ella is a picture perfect example of His Love.
Blessings
Ron.
What a little doll! Can't believe how much she's grown!!!
I've been reading through some of your posts I missed and am offering prayers for those you mentioned.
I'll also check out the link to Grammie soon.
xo
Such a darling photo of Ella!
Great picture of Ella, and that is one of my favorite hymns.
What a sweet picture - evidence of all you speak of. You are a great Grandma, Beverly and I know a great mom too.
Awww what a lovely picture of little Miss Ella....she is growing up before our very eyes...
Our purrs for Tucker...
Love that photo of your sweet Ella!!!!!!!!
xoxo
Thanks for the reminder, Bev, and what a cute picture of little Miss Ella!
Ella is a lamb, in every sense. Thanks for this post-hard times all around right now, yes? And to remember this brings hope and comfort.
Wonderful hymn. Long-time favorite. And Ella really is a wonderful expression of God's love! That photo is better than anything I expect to see at the museum we expect to visit on Wednesday (we're in Calif.)
Such a sweet child.. all dressed in yellow. Love and sunshine.. all wrapped up together. :-)
That hymn is one of my dad's favorites. Reading the words I could hear my brother singing it out in the Sunday School class last April, Those words never fail to overwhelm me... how much God loves me and how little I deserve it.
Post a Comment