Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back in Florida

I'm arrived home safely Tuesday night. I left on Monday, rather than Tuesday because I had misread my calendar and needed to be home for an 8:00 appointment Thursday morning. On the way, I stopped by Mount Olive College in North Carolina. That's where Sarah graduated from. I spent the night with a good friend, visited a little bit on Tuesday morning, and left around 10. I did not intend to drive all the way home, but once I got started, I just kept on coming.

I had planned to stop at the last exit in Georgia, but when I got there it was only 4 and with the added daylight hours, I knew I wouldn't be driving too long in the dark. A comfortable car, straight roads, and flat land make a lot of difference.

I have much to remember from my month in Virginia, and I'll share a bit of that when I get a chance. There were two occasions that were meaningful. The first weekend I was there I went to a play that the high school students put on about the Holocaust. Another Saturday I went to a CF Education Day at UVA.

Right now, I'm still unpacking, realizing I don't need a sweater, and breezing by blogs, reading, but not always commenting. I'll get there.

10 comments:

kenju said...

I'm always glad to know that you got home safely. Look forward to hearing about it all.

Anonymous said...

Also glad you got home safely. Bet you're really gonna miss that little girl now, huh!

Shammickite said...

Welcome home to Florida. Is it hot and sunny? I'm so envious.... I still have piles of snow in my back yard.

photowannabe said...

I'm so happy you are home safe now Beverly. A month with Ella was a real bonding time. How you are both going to miss each other. Looking forward to hearing more about your time together.

Karen Townsend said...

Good to know you traveled back safely. Looking forward to your next entries.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Sunny and warm weather to greet you- and most of the seed stuff is finally done falling. Can't wait to see Ella pictures- and to see you!

Jamie Dawn said...

You are home safe and sound.
:-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susie said...

So glad you made it home safely :)
I know your trip must have been so enjoyable.
xo

carmilevy said...

I like your perspectives on travel by car, Beverly, as they seem to echo my own thoughts whenever I hit the road for hours or days at a stretch.

I suspect we've got some highway time in our future, so I'll thank you now for planting the bug in my ear that I need to give the journey a little more thought.