Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wanna play ball?

If only all children were as loved as this little girl. I've been my days reading to her, playing ball with her, doing puzzles with her, and coloring. Usually in the morning as her daddy is leaving for work, we sit and read books. Some of her favorite ones are those that have textures to feel, the soft bunny, the "ruff" paw of the dog. I brought along a pop-up book of nursery rhymes which we've been enjoying. Among her favorite characters are C*rious George and W*nnie the Pooh.
Who doesn't love George, the curious little monkey who finds himself in all kinds of situations and, amazingly works his way out of them. I remember that he was always a choice of the first graders that I taught when there was a book to be read. She has discovered Pooh and his friends through the video "The Many Adventures of W*nnie the Pooh." It's fun to watch her respond to the music and dance along as we watch together.
The days are getting nice so that we've been going outside. The days are sunny, but a little cool, not warm like Florida, but not snowy like my blogging friends in Canada continue to experience.
Spring is just about to pop out here. Hooray!

9 comments:

kenju said...

It can't come a minute too soon for me. We've had 70's, 60's and tomorrow only the 50's. A weird week, weather-wise.

I know you are enjoying your time with Ella.

JeanMac said...

She is a little girl now - no more baby look to her - must be fun.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

When I look at Ella she just makes me smile. She is such a happy beautiful little girl.

photowannabe said...

Well Grandma Beverly, it sounds like you are having a glorious time with that sweetheart. Those are such precious times.
My kids always loved reading those books too.

Karen Townsend said...

I'm still a pushover for Pooh and the gang in the Hundred Acre Woods. I still have the collection of books from my son's Pooh days.

Enjoy your time with sweet Ella.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.. I can't get over how much Ella has grown. She looks just darling in her blue dress. :-)

My children are now all grown but I remember reading to them from the same books.. how wonderful that the stories are bringing smiles to another generation.

Anonymous said...

You won't believe this, but I never read Pooh books or Curious George, when I was a child (was Curious George around, in the late-40's and '50's?). We were all readers, in my family, but we didn't buy books; we didn't have much money, so we relied heavily on the public library, for which God bless Andrew Carnegie! No one at the library ever steered me toward those books, either. I've become a little acquainted with Pooh, in the last 10 years, but I still feel as though I missed a big piece of childhood.

I was more familiar with Dr. Seuss books, because teachers read those to us, more often.

Jamie Dawn said...

Spring is about to spring, and I am happy too!!!!

Ella's ponytails look so cute. I used to put one ponytail sprigging up from the top of my daughter's head, and I would call it a fountain. I also called her Pebbles.

I'm glad you are enjoying so much time with Ella!
I wish all kids were as loved as she is, just like you said. What a joy it would be to know that every child was SO loved.

Wendy said...

What a sweetie! I also wish all children were loved as Ella is.

Thanks for the posts on my blog. I never know whether to answer in my blog or the other person's. Will try both.

Ella really photographs well. What a joy she must be to her family.