Thursday, June 05, 2008
Project Blue - Take 4
Once more the blue skies take the day for project four. I have taken some other blue photos for posting, but I don't have them downloaded yet. I promise something different for tomorrow.
Yesterday there was a terrible accident in our county. A tanker went over an overpass on I-75 and exploded upon impact. The driver is in the hospital in critical condition from burns. It's a wonder he was even alive to be taken to a hospital. I-75 is a main corridor, used by many to get to work.
I had occasion to go to the east part of the county for a get-together with my friends from Haiti days. Some folks drove from Dunedin, which is to the north, and they said it took them three hours to go about five miles. When our lunch was done, and I started back to town, traffic wasn't too bad. There were policmen at every intersection controlling the lights to aid in the flow of traffic.
The overpass is severely damaged, and it will be some time until it is usable again. The road underneath must be repaved. Some of the folks who live out east have to take quite a detour to get to where they are going. I'm not particularly affected by any of this as far as my driving, but some folks surely are. You can read about it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Such lovely clear reflections in the water. Hope the roads get fixed quickly.
Great photo! Look how crystal clear the reflection is in the water!!
I agree! Those boats are sitting on glass mirrors, right?
Beautiful shot..how could one get enough of that blue sky and the reflection is gorgeous! :)
How terrible! I hope the driver is o.k.
Haiti days? What did you do in Haiti? I've only been there once on holiday. We were at a resort, so not really a good representation of the country. But, it sure was beautiful - and we had a really good time.
Is there any thing more lovely than a totally blue sky.. well may be one that meets the blue blue sea.
What a horrific accident. It is a miracle that the driver survived.
Post a Comment