Carmi posted his new theme last Wednesday, but I've yet to post. As you might be able to tell, water is this week's theme. He has some unusual photos on his blog of water. I live about ten minutes away from beautiful beaches here on the west coast of Florida. In my opinion, the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the beaches are much nicer than the ocean side.
I don't go to the beach very much because of my freckled, sun-damaged skin, but whenever I do go, I wonder why I don't go more often. Although the barrier islands are terribly overbuilt, in the summer, it is not quite as busy as it is during tourist season, and if one goes early, the beaches aren't crowded at all. When my son came in June, with his wife and my beautiful granddaughter, we did spend one morning there.
We were only going to stay a little while, but everyone was having such a good time, we ended up staying much longer. Thanks to sunscreen, no one got burned. I'm sure that if it had not been for having access to a pool at my house, more time would have been spent there.
I'm sure that the waters might be churning a bit this afternoon as Gustav makes his way across the gulf. While we are grateful we're not getting hit, thoughts and prayers are going out to those on the gulf coast to the north.

15 comments:
Hi Beverly!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It's so very nice to meet you. Your pics of the beach are sublime...make me want to dig my toes into the warm, gritty sand. Oh, how I would love to do that right this minute.
I'm so glad to make a new blog buddy!
Great Gulf photos! We made it through Fay, we can stand up to Gustav and the rest of them! I love Florida blogs, keep on writing...
So glad you are away from the brunt of the storm but I do pray for those who are in Gustav's path.
Love your pictures of the gorgeous water and your precious Granddaughter.
Have a nice holiday.
I have always liked the gulf much more than the ocean side; it's quieter and I like it that way. I hope you don't get any aftereffects from Gustav.
Glad to hear you are safe - feel for those in storm's way. I love your pics.
The ocean is so restorative to my soul. I can never stay long enough when I go to the beach.
My father loves Naples, as his father did before him, and goes every winter with my mother. They haven't bought a place yet, because the prices have been so very high. I think that's just as well; then he doesn't have to worry about it while they're up here in Illinois.
Personally, I don't care where I am when I'm by the water. It can even be the lake of Lake Michigan and I'm happy.
Your daughter in law looks so lovely with Ella.
I totally agree - I love the gulf coast better than the Atlantic side - my hubby and I would go to clearwater or indian rocks beach. We would watch the dolphins play and I always wished we could winter there. Well, that was our plan, but it didn't work out.
I am glad you and little Ella (and her mom & dad) were able to enjoy the ocean.
Stay safe - and hope this is the last hurricane for the season!!
Beverly,
thanks for visiting my site and for your prayers for my son. He truly does need every one right now, physically and spiritually. I love the ocean pictures you took. The ocean is so powerful and yet so peaceful at the same time. I hope to visit you more and get to know you.
So glad you are not in the path of Gustav Beverly.....but we are sure remembering and praying for those that are. We have never been in a hurricane....but they sound quite terrifying!
Hey there! Sorry it's been a while! I love the pics of the ocean, reminds me of those many Summer's my family used to spend down there, my prayers go out to your family and those who are in the path of Gustav, God Bless,
Jared
well gustav is almotst gone,,,,will your manatees come back from where they were hiding to your little old burg again???????
It is a rare occasion that has me standing by the ocean, being the prairie girl that I am. How wonderful to live so close. I have been thinking of you with the approach of Gustav and hope all is well and everyone is safe.
We're getting winds and pouring rain today and tomorrow and maybe Thursday compliments of Gustav. Lots of water around here!!
Nice pics.
The ocean is so pretty and so much fun.
Ella had fun I'm sure, and it's a good thing you had sunscreen for yourself and for Ella's tender skin.
I wear sunscreen daily, rain or shine.
only you could make a picture of the turbulant water look interesting.
You are GOOD!! I'm enjoying this.
It looks so neat there! I love the waves, even just the sound of them. What a fun place for your granddaughter to play!
Hope Gustav spares people...I figure it won't be hitting Texas!?
Post a Comment