Carmi's theme last week was "shadows. " This week it's "bright." Last Saturday our Sweet Adelines chorus did a show with the theme Christmas in Toyland. The Bradenton Christian School has a Joy Luncheon each December to help usher in the Christmas season, and this is the second time that we have been their entertainment.
The first half of the show opened with the song "Toyland" Two of the ladies were dressed as toy soldiers. They were in gift boxes to the side of the risers, and when we got to the part of the song where the toy shop comes alive, they came out of the boxes and did a bit of choreography. Then as the parade was over, they went back in the boxes and the toy shop was quiet. If you know the song, you know it says "Toyland, toyland, mystical girl and boy land, once you pass its borders, you can never return again."
The second half of the show was filled with songs about the birth of Christ. We started with "Sing We Noel," When Jesus Was a Tiny Baby," What Can I Give Him?" a medley containing "Silent Night," "Go Tell It on the Mountain," and ending with "Rejoice." The last song contains parts of "When they Saw the Star," We Three Kings," and "The First Noel." That one took us a while to learn since each part is doing something different almost all the way through the song.
In the evening we shared the stage with the Ditchfield Family Singers. This family is made up of the mom and dad and four of their adult children and a daughter-in-law. One other young lady has joined them and has become part of the family. Being family, their voices blend perfectly, and they are a real crowd -pleaser. If you go to their site, you can hear samples of their music
Everyone who came said that it was one of the best shows they had seen and worth the price of the ticket. We were very glad to hear that!
+diana+milesko(2).jpg)
+diana+milesko(11).jpg)
+diana+milesko(20).jpg)
+diana+milesko(12).jpg)

15 comments:
Sounds like an absolutely fabulous evening! I wish I could have been there. I love music and singing. Your costumes were very pretty. Will check out the link to the Family singers.
Your link worked! What great pictures! By enlarging them, I picked you out in two of them. Does your group do things at other times of the year?
i will be joseph this year and karam an angel and becky mary and dan the wise man and inkeeper and since we have no babies this christmas eve, we will have a doll in a green cradle
Beverly, you gals look great. I know you had a wonderful time working on this production. Blessings.
What a wonderful way to usher in the Christmas season. I love the songs you sang and they certainly give the message .
What fun!
I'm so glad you are a part of this wonderful choir.
I'm sure the evening was entertaining and delightful for all who were lucky to attend.
Thanks for sharing this.
Keep enjoying the season to the fullest!!
:-)
Oh this is so great Bev....you all look wonderful. I'm not sure which one is you. Tell me where you are. I enlarged the photo....and you guys are so cute. What a great time you must have.
What a festive looking group.
That reminds me of some of the barbershop shows we used to see here, with the Men's Chorus.
How wonderful this sounds. I wish I could have been there to see it in person.
WHAT FUN! I didn't know you sing!
I just did our Bible study (CBS) Christmas Show Thursday morning...I'll send you pix... Wrote it, directed, produced, rehearsed everyone, and sang in it...what fun..and so well rec'd.
isn't that the GREATEST feeling!?
I'm SO SO happy your show went so well..sounds FABULOUS!! xxx
I spot you! hope to come to bton in late feb
Hi.
I have a friend who is in "Sweet Adelines" here in The Big City. She owns a company where I've done contract work. Occasionally, I get to hear them practice and enjoy them quite a bit.
(Word verification: flytoto. Only in Kansas!)
Oh, count your blessings. It's 3 degrees here right now!!!
This looked like so much fun. But, I would have to have a singing voice to be a part of an ensemble like this...and uh oh I don't. I am glad you do and that things worked out so well.
I love red and green and these are great!
Post a Comment