How sad for the families involved in the senseless and terrible shooting. But happy for the young man who received a new pair of lungs. A very moving story.
What a marvelous ending to such a tragedy. How wonderful that the tragedy did not end there but it became life and hope for someone else. Thanks for sharing this!
I'm not an organ donor at the moment... I need them all right now, but when the day comes that I have no need, then take whatever you want! And I carry a card that says so in my wallet.
I wish more of us signed on to be - organ donors - marrow donors - blood/plasma/platelet donors
They're all gifts that cost nothing, yet give so much.
I came THIS close to being selected for a marrow donation. I've been on the registry for 15 years, and they matched me to a recipient a couple of years back. Subsequent testing ruled me out, but I hope I can help someone out someday.
Until then, it's plasma every week for me. 288 donations so far.
6 comments:
A very touching article and such a positive reminder about organ donations.
Thanks Beverly.
How sad for the families involved in the senseless and terrible shooting. But happy for the young man who received a new pair of lungs.
A very moving story.
What a marvelous ending to such a tragedy.
How wonderful that the tragedy did not end there but it became life and hope for someone else.
Thanks for sharing this!
I'm not an organ donor at the moment... I need them all right now, but when the day comes that I have no need, then take whatever you want! And I carry a card that says so in my wallet.
A gift out of tragedy. How poignant and timely.
I wish more of us signed on to be
- organ donors
- marrow donors
- blood/plasma/platelet donors
They're all gifts that cost nothing, yet give so much.
I came THIS close to being selected for a marrow donation. I've been on the registry for 15 years, and they matched me to a recipient a couple of years back. Subsequent testing ruled me out, but I hope I can help someone out someday.
Until then, it's plasma every week for me. 288 donations so far.
Yes I am--it's right there on my driver's license. PA has that feature--you can "sign up" to be an organ donor when you get your license renewed.
Post a Comment