Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sarah

The winter of 1977 was a cold one in Florida, and when I mention it to folks from the north, they seem to remember it well too. On the way to the hospital on the morning of January 20, the bank thermometer registered 26 degrees. It was cold. Jimmy Carter was inaugurated that day, and Sarah was born.
The years have gone by quickly. Sarah has grown in to a lovely, young woman. I am so glad that I got to be her mother.
Happy birthday, Aunt Sarah.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

podso said...

happy birth day mom! and happy birthday to Sarah too!

kenju said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

Shammickite said...

What sweet pictures!
Happy Birthday to Sarah, and may there be many more birthdays to celebrate!
On another note.... it's a big big day in the USA today.
Good luck to your new president.... and may the people (and the media!) employ caution, understanding and patience cos the current mess will take more than a few weeks to clear up!
Hooray for Mr Obama.
And hooray for all the people who voted for him.

L. said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Sarah!
What a special, and historic, day to be celebrating your birth!

: )

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! In the picture of you between the two dolls, you look like Ella! What sweet pictures!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Sarah. Love those two dolls too.
Sarah, you share a birthday with my grandson, Nathan Tomas, born today!
Lots and lots of hugs.
Enjoy your day.

photowannabe said...

I want to wish a Happy Birthday to Sarah too. I think she has a super Mom also.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly

I a sure that Sarah knows how special of a mother she has in you...and add my voice to wishing birthdar blessings!

Jamie Dawn said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah!!!!
I can see her cute baby face in her darling adult face and smile.
:-)
Being a mom is such a blessing!!
I LOVE being the mother of my kids, and I'm glad you've been blessed with your two children and adorable granddaughter.

Maithri said...

What beautiful pictures,

A blessed birthday and wings of peace to surround your beautiful family,

With love, Maithri

Joy Des Jardins said...

Happy Birthday sweet Sarah. What a great mom she has!!!!

Beverly said...

Don't they grow up way too soon?
She is a lovely girl with a warm smile....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sarah. :-)

Clara....in TN said...

Happy birthday Sarah!

Mother of Invention said...

So neat to have pictures isn't it? Kids now will have tons of pics of themselves with digital. Happy B-Day!