Monday, February 16, 2009

Looking Up - Carmi's theme

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

These words speak so clearly of how small we are and how great our God is. Even though we are so unworthy, He has chosen to love us. For that I am very thankful.



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

kenju said...

I am thankful for that too, Beverly. Nice photo.

Susie said...

Thanks for sharing these words today Bev :)

podso said...

one of my favorite psalms. My dad had us memorize it. Did you take the photo just for the post? it's good!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Thanks Bev....beautiful.

photowannabe said...

I am too. Greatful for it all...

amarkonmywall said...

Thanks, Beverly. For this and the lovely Ella update.

KGMom said...

Beverly, this psalm is a favorite of mine.
Several years ago, my husband was lay liturgist at our church and had to read this psalm. Even though we usually use RSV, he chose to read from the King James version--and nearly broke down crying--it was very moving.

Jamie Dawn said...

I like that passage of scripture. We used to sing a song in choir years ago called How Excellent that put that passage to music.

Anonymous said...

love this scripture and the phot os perfect for it!

Ella is just plain adorable!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the words and the photo. So true.