Friday, July 10, 2009

Distant - Carmi's theme


As I was on my way to Virginia in May, I left home about 3 in the afternoon, and I hoped to get as far as Brunswick, Georgia before it got dark. I almost made it. If you've traveled on I-95 or any other highways for that matter, you know that there is generally road construction. As I was approaching Brunswick, the traffic slowed down because of one-lane traffic on a bridge. While I sat there, I thought I might as well take a photo of the sun setting in the distant west.

Carmi's theme this week is "distant." If you visit his site, you will see his offerings and links to others.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Sunsets always seem to make great photos.
If you can't do the html to put a link in your comments, just paste in the URL from the top of your post, and we can copy and paste!
If you want to make it come up as a clickable link, you need a bit of html code.
I tried to show you here, by replacing characters like equals with the appropriate words, so that you could see what I was doing instead of just seeing a blue link, but when I try to post my comment it tells me my html cannot be accepted.
You could try using "view source" in your view menu to see how other people do it

carmilevy said...

Anyone who isn't spiritual would certainly become spiritual after seeing this scene. How else to explain it?

Just spent some quality time on Canada's equivalent of the I-95, the 401. I so relate to the urge to take pictures when traffic grinds to a halt. Sadly - well, for me, anyway - our province just passed a Driving While Distracted law. So even if we're parked on the road, I could get a ticket for taking my camera out.

Bummer. I guess I'll have to get the kids to start shooting.

srp said...

What a beautiful sunset... I am still trying to capture them .... sunsets and the moon... it is so hard to get the moon right... your photo is gorgeous!!

kenju said...

What a beautiful shot!!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Beautiful sunset Bev....you really got a gorgeous photo. I just love sunsets...thanks.

srp said...

We had a week of really hot and humid days above 90 degrees and one day it got up to 97. But the last few days have been really nice... today however, it is 90 but the humidity is up and the winds down. It is always a little warmer here than at the beach front.

photowannabe said...

Beautiful photo of distant. Great job Bev.

JeanMac said...

Beautiful!

Z said...

absolutely GORGEOUS!

jel said...

AWESome! :)

Anonymous said...

I love sunsets. They seem to have a calming effect no matter where one is. This is a lovely capture.