Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Carmi's theme-travel
When I lived in Haiti in the early 70's, I traveled a lot on this H*nda 90 motorbike. As you can see, I have my suitcase tied on the back, so I was no doubt on my way from Cayes to Cavaillon to spend the weekend with one of the pastor's families there. This motorbike was more than a means of transportation. It gave me the freedom to get away and explore the countryside, whether it was to go to the beach or to travel to a community in the hills nearby.
To have a car was cost prohibitive; besides, the road were such that one needed a four-wheel vehicle, or something very rugged. To visit other "travel" posts, visit Carmi's site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love the quality of this old snapshot.
You look very purposeful. I love the fact that you're wearing a skirt while on a scooter!
Great photo.
welcome back to bloggin. I would never have guessed in a millon years that you ever rode a motorbike. Love it. glad you are back
One day little Ella is going to look at this and think what a cool Grandma I have. :-)
Post a Comment