Today our handbell choir made its debut at church. Twelve of us responded to the call to be part of this group earlier in the fall. We've practiced and practiced, and we didn't do too badly. None of us had more than three bells to play. Most had two. The important thing in a bell choir is to be able to count and read those two notes of music. Now mind you, the songs that we played were out of the "easy" music books. The congregation seemed appreciative. I'm sure they even recognized the songs...I hope.
When we started we decided on the name "Celebration Ringers." Someone suggested "The Ding-a-lings," but we didn't think that quite appropriate for such a group. Anyway, now we're working on a couple of songs for Christmas Eve.
If we practice hard enough, we might even get to be as good as these Raleigh Ringers. No, I don't think so.
3 comments:
Oh my! I'm absolutly flabbergasted! This is one of the best videos I've ever seen! No kidding-I would buy a C.D. of it if they were selling one. You must start posting more! You snuck two past me, so I'll go now and check out your Advent one
I love handbells! I used to play when I was in school. I always wanted to play the high bells, there was some sort of status symbol about that, but usually played mid range. Our church had two sets of five octave bells. I have always wished the church we attend now had handbells.
This is my 2nd year in the handbell choir (and I'm the only one under 45 in it...) But I love it!!! This Sunday I had the joy of playing a bell solo to accompany the Chancel Choir. It is wonderful to get back into playing music. I'm glad that you're enjoy bell ringing too!!!
Post a Comment