Thursday, March 25, 2010


I visited the Ringling Museum today with the purpose of visiting the Norman Rockwell exhibit that is on loan there. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing original works of his, along with photography by Kevin Rivoli, who work paralleled the subject matter of Rockwell's paintings.

After leaving the exhibit, I enjoyed walking around the courtyard of the museum, and then I ended up in Mable Ringling's rose garden. The roses are in full bloom, and many are nearly finished, but I so enjoyed them. I've presented some of them here for you to enjoy too. Over at Carmi's place, you will find his photographic theme for this week...color.


12 comments:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly
These are beautiful!

photowannabe said...

Truly gorgeous. I love rose gardens.
I visited a Norman Rockwell museum/gallery in Hannibal, Missouri. What a wonderfull, talented man.

Pamela said...

awwww... did they have a nice scent, too? So many of the new roses lack any definitive odor.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, the collage is just beautiful! But I've not heard of this museum. Surely it has no connection with Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey? This must be a different Ringling.

kenju said...

Beautiful photos!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the roses are so pretty, i am sorry i missed them. the last time I was there they had just stopped blooming and there were only a half dozen to look at.

Together We Save said...

Oh my!! Beautiful!!

JeanMac said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh those roses...I just love them; my favorite flower. Happy Weekend Bev... ~Joy xo

Wendy said...

Lovely roses! So colourful! Love your header too. Little Ella looks so happy.

Putz said...

oh me oh my would tiou LOOK AT THAT PICTURE ON YOUR HEADER, JUST TAKE A MINUTE BEVERLY AND LOOK AT THAT PICTURE>>>HAVE YOU EVER?????IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE HAVE YOU EVER?????THE REASON I AM NOT IN FLORIDA WITH MY WIFE IS BECAUSE OT THE POPOPL;[PLOLE>>>I WOULD RATHER STICK MY HEAD IN A TOILIET THAN GO TO WHERE THERE ARE WALL TO WALL PPILOOPOLP

srp said...

What gorgeous flowers! Ours have not yet bloomed at the botanical gardens but I expect that by the end of the month or at least early in May they will. I have planted fifteen rose bushes for our new rose garden as well as a couple added to the front flowerbeds. The bareroots I planted out front are now in their third year and this year they have come on with beautiful foliage so I am anxiously awaiting the blooms.

Love the new header picture... what a great Easter basket for a cute girl. I spy a cute cup ... reminds me of the Little Mermaid cup that Nyssa had. Sigh... she turns 24 this month and gets her Master's on May 1st.