Saturday, October 16, 2010

"I was glad when they said unto me, 'Let us go into the house of the Lord.'

For years I have driven by this little church in central Florida.  I told my new sister Sue that when I drove to Virginia this time, I was going to stop along the way and take some pictures.  This church was in my mind
when I set out this morning.

Three weeks ago I worshipped in a church that didn't "look like" a church...not what I'm used to.  But there I was, with about 3,000 other people, singing, praising God, and listening to the Word being preached.  What a great time it was.

I think of believers in closed countries who can't worship out in the open because of persecution, and I am thankful that I have the freedom to worship where I choose with a body of believers, the real church.

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a wonderful and unique church! Do you know what denomination it is?

srp said...

Such a beautiful church. I hope and pray we can continue to worship and witness in our country....I see signs that we may be soon put under restraints. We lose a bit more each year it seems, with people trying to make us a secular country that doesn't stand or believe in anything.

Island Rider said...

Where is this church?

asa said...

Nice blog..
please visit my blog too ...
greetings

S. Etole said...

what a lot of detail in that little church ...

From the Kitchen said...

I've seen this church--or one very similar--near Mt. Dora or on the way to The Villages from Leesburg. I love all it's angles and curved windows and fretwork. So many new churches look like bricked over pole barns!!

Best,
Bonnie

Joy Des Jardins said...

What a gorgeous and unique little church Bev. It's architecture is striking. Thanks. ~Joy

MadSnapper n Beau said...

is this the church in citrus FL? i love that church, if it is not, it is very much like it. you got some really good views of it

KGMom said...

Love the pics of the little church--looks like it should be in New England somewhere.
I'm not one for a several thousand size church--I like to see people I recognize, greet them personally. I also like to see "strangers" and welcome them to "my" church.

By the way, I love your blog heading photo--must be Haiti.

Putz said...

churches reminds me of a church on my mission to england in 1960, it was gothic and filled to the brim, people standing in the ilses and the spirit go thick you cold slice it

Shammickite said...

What a lovely church, I wonder if you had the opportunity to go inside? I read in the paper that the Chrystal Cathedral in California is filing for backruptcy!!!

Arti said...

Thats very beautiful, great architecture... Came over from Ginnys blog! Nice to have met you...
Have a lovely day:)

Fred Alton said...

Hi Beverly! I saw that you are friends with Ginny of Let Your Light Shine. I'm from Lacoochee. You and me and only a relatively few people on this planet actually know anything at all about that town. You, of course know far more than I - because my Dad moved to Tennessee when I was just 5 years old. I drove over from Kissimmee and went to church there in August... at the Church of God. The only person I saw that I knew was Billy Sanderson.

Putz said...

onhhhhh watakooocee from larocheeee, small ruraul town

Fred Alton said...

1943.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quaint little church. The deep blue sky is the perfect backdrop.