Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.
To Jesus, all.
Thanks to Pastor Tim from Cybersalt.org
Thanks to Pastor Tim from Cybersalt.org
In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.
Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.
In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.
Enough for Him, whom cherubim, worship night and day,
Breastful of milk, and a mangerful of hay;
Enough for Him, whom angels fall before,
The ox and ass and camel which adore.
Angels and archangels may have gathered there,
Cherubim and seraphim thronged the air;
But His mother only, in her maiden bliss,
Worshipped the beloved with a kiss.
What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.
Poem by Christina Rossetti
13 comments:
How lovely Bev. I love the gift list, words to be taken seriously.
Love the poem too and the music.
have a great day, sister.
I love the gift list as well.
Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year, Beverly!
beautiful, I have not heaard this one before. the gifts are perfect
Lovely poetry, Kid, lovely music too!
Wonderful poem.. I seem to remember hearing part of it before but not all the sections. I know you had a great time up at your kids house... and that you wish you were there even now. I do hope you have a blessed Christmas. I have Nyssa here for one more week... not nearly long enough for me.
Beverly, this is a feast for the eyes, the ears, and the mind. Now we are huge Moody Blues fans and have a lot of their music, but this sure doesn't sound anything like them, I never would have thought!
I'd only heard the last verse of that wonderful poem ... thank you.
What a lovely post Beverly.
I was a huge fan of the Moody Blues, many moons ago.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.
Beverly, since we left Florida when I was so young, I know too little about what businesses the family (of my cousins) was in. I do know that Fred Junior, my first cousin and not my son, was in the banking business with the Brannen Banks of Florida out of Inverness. His brother was with the Pasco Canning Plant in Dade City.
Love the gift list! When we give some of them we are actually living out the idea that is more blessed to give than receive.
The gift list is wonderful and oh so true.
Wonderful! I wish you the gift of love, and I know your family has much love to give to one another. I'm sure precious Ella is excited for Christmas!! Merry Christmas to you all!!
Thank you for the perfect list of Christmas gifts and for the lovely music video. Adding the words made it nice to sing along. Wishing you the best of the best!
Post a Comment