
I've been rather quiet this week...sort of beat since last week's trip to Kansas City and our chorus competition. on Wednesday at Christian Women's Club, our speaker had the time mixed up, so I had to speak. That took a bit of starch out of me too. The rest of the time I've been reading blogs and trying to clean up my office...not an easy task.
I was just reading an update on Ben, and I thought I would let you know how he's doing. He has been home over a week. The doctors felt that his spirits would be better at home. The physical therapist has been working with him, helping him with his walking, and as you can see in the photo, he is walking with the help on only one person. In one update, his mom wrote that he had taken over 100 steps in the house.
His mother also wrote that when he had the surgery for the brain tumor, that his sense of humor would remain intact, since that was so much a part of his personality. One day she was on the porch reading, when she heard laughing in the house. as the therapist left, he made the comment that Ben certainly has a sense of humor...one prayer answered.
Ben has said that his goal is to be back at work in 10 weeks. He enters the hospital again on Monday for his third round of chemo.
His wife, Liza, graduates from University of South Carolina on Saturday. Her desire is for Ben to be able to attend, so keep them in your prayers that this might indeed happen.
4 comments:
thanks for the up dates Beverly!
you have a great weekend!
God bless
What a courageous young man. He is in my prayers.
So glad the news is good to this point. God answers prayer; sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes wait. I think that last one is the hardest for me to deal with.
I had trouble getting into your blog earlier but whew, glad it is fixed.
Ben sounds like a remarkable young man. Let us know if he makes the graduation, with his spirit I think he will.
Post a Comment