Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tucker and Samson











Samson and Tucker are my two grandkittens. They own Sarah, my daughter.


Samon came to live with her about a year ago. While shopping for pet food for Tucker at Petsmart, she met Samson. The Humane Society takes cats there for people to meet, and Samson chose Sarah. He's a licker. We like to call them his kitty kisses. He is a very sweet natured cat.

Tucker came to live with Sarah the year that she lived in Mount Olive North Carolina. After Sarah graduated from Mount Olive College, she came home for a year, but she really wanted to live andwork in North Carolina, so she went back to the bustling metropolis of Mount Olive (the home of Mount Olive Pickles.) She worked at a bank while she was there. One of her co-workers fed a cat who came up to her house. guess what! The cat was pregnant. Sarah made up her mind then and there that she was going to have a kitten. She asked her landlady and promised that she would spray for fleas and everything whenever she moved, and the landlady gave her permission.


Tucker was the only black kitten in the litter. Sarah held him from the day he was born, and he is truly her
cat, or perhaps I should say she is his human.

The cats get along famously. Tucker is the older cat and was there first, but Samson has fit right in; in fact, he seems to be the dominant cat in the house. Tucker loves to sleep on Sarah. Samson will lick and kiss, but he isn't a lap cat...not yet anyway.

Whenever I need a kitty fix, I go see them. I am gong to be traveling a bit, so I don't want to get another one or two just yet...but the time is coming!!
Cats are Wonderful Friends

Gentle eyes that see so much
Paws that have the quiet touch,
Purrs to signal "all is well,"
and shomw more love than words could tell.
Graceful movements touched with pride,
a calming presence by our side
A friendship that takes time to grow

Small wonder why we love them so
Author Unknown
 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My tubby kitty, Samson, and my handsome boy, Tucker. I am truly their human. Spoiled as they are I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get my cheek licked by Samson when I hold him when I get home from work. Tucker I can flop over my shoulder and he will just sit there and let me pet him and purr. Thanks for posting about my babies!!

Karen Townsend said...

Lovely kitties! We are now down to only one cat. Our record high was 4 for many years. Now, one cat and one dog.

srp said...

Tucker is one of the cats we are going to sit for in NY this summer. Rhett is my foot warmer when I sit at the computer. They are all this poem states and more. Cute, cute kitties. One of those Petsmart kitties called to me at Christmas. It bothered me so I went back. He got a great home. I was relieved. So were the folks as seven are quite enough.

AC said...

Is there a stray cat that is NOT pregnant? I've taken in lots of strays, always females, always always in a family way.

I have to make sure not to go to anywhere near adopt-a-pet occasions. We are overloaded but my heartstrings are easily plucked.

Gordon said...

Cats are amazing and frustrating animals.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly you do love cats. I hope you can one day share your life again with one.But it is good to get your kitty love through your daughter.

Anonymous said...

My goodness... such handsome boys. Yes, we all need our kitty fixes.. makes the world a softer place. :-)