
September 11, 2001, a day we will never forget, nor should we. People in the blogging community are remembering victims of the tragedy that happened to our country five years ago.
Janice J. Brown is one of the 2,996 victims of 9/11. She was 35 years old. Janice worked as an accountant for Marsh and McLennan Cos, Inc. in the World Trade Center.
I couldn't find an obituary for her or anything about her, except for this comment that was left by a visitor at a site. Shakita wrote this: "I held you as a young baby. My mom was your Godmother. When your grandmother Dinah moved and your mom Juanita moved I never saw your face again. May God bless you in heaven. I read as many articles as I could about you. You are a special angel. The news was stunning to me. Yes, only after your mom passed did we inquire what happened to her daughter Janice. Forgive us. Love and Peace."
To view other tributes, visit this website, www.dcroe.com
7 comments:
Thanks for posting this tribute to Janice. She's yet another life cut short way too soon..
May we never forget that terrible day....
How terrible that no one else marked her life and death. Thank you for doing it.
I don't personally know anyone lost that day, yet I can't help the tears. I cried that day five years ago and still do. In New York this summer the skyline was beautiful, yet different. A large empty space against the sky where the towers stood. And the tears came once again.
Janice didn't ask to be a hero that day, but she is an American hero along with the thousands of other innocent lives that left that day.
I honored Michael Haub, FDNY.
A Beautiful tribute to a very special young woman...I loved the words of the person who spoke about her....And the words of Max, too. Thank You!
So many innocent lives lost that horrific day. I feel my soul quieten as I remember
Thank you for remembering Janice. There were so many victims that did not recieve much attention, and I am glad that the 2,996 project brought light to all of the people. You have rememebered her well.
Post a Comment