What a difference from the first time I spent any time with Ella. In October, she was just in her third month, beginning to smile and coo. What fun we had. I remember just before I left, I was playing with her one day, and I held her in front of me. As we looked in the mirror, she saw something that made her laugh. It wasn't a big laugh, but it was a laugh.
Now after she wakes from her nap, we sometimes sit in her room and read some books, and then she loves to sit in front of the mirror and talk to and laugh at the baby in the mirror. What fun! I sit behind her, and she'll look at me in the mirror to make sure I'm not missing anything. We've really bonded during my time here. I think she'll probably remember me the next time that I come. I hope so.
She showed a nice weight gain at the doctor's office when she went the other day. That was good news. The doctor said that they should increase the enzymes a little bit. From reading about adults with CF, adjusting the amount on enzymes one needs seems to be ongoing.
My time is coming to an end. I'm leaving on Sunday to drive back to Florida for some meetings. I'm going house-hunting tomorrow--well house looking.



19 comments:
She's just the most beautiful baby! How *ever* are you going to tear yourself away from her??
What a smile! She certainly lights up when she sees the camera doesn't she! When do you have to go back to Florida?
My brother left for Vienna today, or rather he went back to NYC this morning and then on to Vienna this evening. Nyssa had a great time this past weekend and last night.
Take care and drive safely!
Oh Beverly.. she is the most beautiful little girl. :-)
What a doll! Her personality shines through, Beverly! A little bird told me you got to meet Kenju. Lucky you and lucky her!
Yes, Babette, we are lucky, indeed! Now if we could just meet you, and Vicki and SRP.....
Beverly, Ella is just gorgeous and so huggable! I can't imagine that you'll be able to leave there! Good luck on the house-looking tour.
Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
she is a doll,
happy hunting!!
and havea safe trip!
Blessings
That is a beautiful baby. I know you haven't been spoiling her.
It's so good to see that doll baby smile!!
That baby Ella is still just the sweetest looking baby girl I've seen. I know it'll be hard to leave her.
Thank Heaven for little girls...
Thanks for the pictures of Ella ,she is getting to the age to really enjoy her ! I know you ain't spoiling her but I know you will push to the limit, cause I would ! Blessings. Ron.
The joy on that sweet baby face is so endearing!
:)
That smile lights up the entire room, doesn't it?
I know you will miss little Ella but it looks like the time is coming when it won't be too long and you will be right there all the time nearby.
Look in the mirror and what do you see . Beverly said a beautiful granddaughter that belongs to me ? Blessings and have a good weekend ! Ron.
Look in the mirror. What do you see? It's me, it's me. It's Ella Marie!
What a beauty. She is a blessing to you I know.
Sweet, sweet Ella. What a blessed time you must have had with her. She looks like pure joy.
Beverly, are you okay? Long time no post!
My grandfather would call those "smiling eyes"...
she is precious.
Post a Comment