Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Back in Florida

I arrived home Monday, April 30, around noon. It's always good to get away and equally as good to get back home, although I must confess I didn't want to leave Ella. My two weeks with her was time well spent. She's just turning nine months old on Friday, so you know that she is at such a cute age.

Whenever I call David and ask how she is, he always says "Mom, she's such a happy baby." And indeed she is. We had quite a time of bonding. Sarah and I will go up for her first birthday, so I'm hoping that she doesn't forget me in that time. At least, maybe it won't take too long to get reacquainted.

Summer is arriving here. Mornings and evenings are pleasant, but it's getting quite warm during the day. We need rain so badly here. As I drove home through Georgia, it was quite smoky from the brush fires there.

As I was driving south on I-95, there were lots of cars traveling north...some more of the snowbirds making their migration back home. I haven't been out enough to notice a difference on our roadways yet.

I hope to post quite regularly now. I've been offline for a few days. My computer crashed while I was at David's, and I took it to my fix-it guy Monday evening. He was able to bring everything back for me so that I didn't lose any of my data. Yippee!

8 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

Welcome back! It is good to know you are home safe and sound. Looking forward to posts and pictures of your trip!

photowannabe said...

Welcome back. I'm so glad the computer got fixed. Looking forward to more pictures.

kenju said...

Welcome! I'm glad to hear that you didn't lose anything on the computer!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I also look forward to the pic's.

Mostly, I envy your being able to see Ella as often as you do. We see our youngest grandkids about once a year, because they live clear across the country--basically catty-corner from us. The older ones, we haven't seen in about four years. (Chalk it up to a mom with some weird issues.)

Anyway, you're fortunate!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Beverly

I can imagine just how bad the smoke was when you travelled through. IT is very bad this morning. Unfortunately we are caught in between the fires in southern GA and the ones right below us in Bradford/Volusia counties.

You're right it is so dry.
I am fearful that with the onslaught of hurricane season we won't be dry long.

AC said...

Glad you are home safely but how did the house hunting go? And yes, pictures, pictures. I can tell she is such a happy baby.

Anonymous said...

As much as you must miss sweet little Ella I know it is always so good to be home. Nine months already.. my goodness, how the time has flown. First birthdays are so special. It is wonderful that you will be there to celebrate.

srp said...

Glad your trip went well and that you didn't have any trouble getting through that horrible fire area in Georgia.

Now that you left for Florida, you seem to have taken the 80 and almost 90 degree temps with you. It turned rainy and cold yesterday and today. I guess they ordered this up especially for the Queen's visit. ;)