Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oh, my, I've been tagged.


SRP, over at Melange, surprised me greatly by nominating me for the Thinking Blogger award. I'm pleased but very surprised. When I read the posts of others, I ooh and aah over their eloquent writing and deep thoughts, and then I look at mine and think to myself that they don't begin to compare. But I love this blogging business. It has helped me chronicle for my children my past and my present and meet so many new friends.

I have the responsibility now of naming five bloggers whom I think fit this category.

1. The Doctor Is In is Dr. Bob's blog. He is a physician who lives in the northwest who writes about religion, medicine, politics, pets, and passion in life. I come away from his posts often thinking about present-day issues, often comforted, and always informed.
2. Passions of the Soul is Vicki's blog. She is an advocate for Compassion, the organization that encourages sponsoring needy children in poorer countries. If you go to her blog, you will truly feel her passion for these children. She has sponsored several girls in the Dominican Republic and has been to visit them several times. She and her husband recently adopted a dog, a beagle whom they renamed Bailey, thus Beagle Bailey. That made me smile.
3. Heavenly Heartburn is written by Gordon Cloud in Cairo, Georgia. A Southern Baptist pastor whose posts sometimes speak of our southern culture. Once he posted about "pot liquor." I asked him if he hadn't misspelled it. I thought it should be "pot likker." He said that he wanted the northern folks to know what he was talking about. His posts make me feel like he is my pastor sometimes. One of these days I'm going to Cairo, Georgia to meet him and his family and worship at his church.
4. Dappled Things is Bet's blog. Bet teaches journalism in Greenville, South Carolina. Having gone to college in Greenville, I enjoy reading her posts. She has had beautiful spring photos this year which have brought back many memories. She has a miniature schnauzer named Barnie, who is just about the cutest dog I've ever seen. She has a sister who lives in Staunton, Virginia who is not too far from my son.
5. Breathing Deeply is a blog I found recently though a cystic fibrosis forum. Those of you who have read my blog know that my granddaughter Ella has cystic fibrosis. Lauren is a young woman in California who has CF. She is a writer, a scientist, and a real support and inspiration to me as she writes about her daily life with CF. She also has a site, Pools of Grace, where she regularly posts devotional thoughts she has written.

The participation rules of the award are simple:
1) If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
2) Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3) Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

I hope you will visit these blogs. Tell them I sent you.

7 comments:

kenju said...

Congratulations! We're in good company. I love Dr. Bob, and I cannot figure why I didn't remember him when I was making my list!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm honored, Beverly! 'Course, now I have to do the same; the rules don't indicate whether we can nominate someone's blog that has already been nominated, or even the one where we got tagged....

I've appreciated your visiting, as always, and your comments. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you; I'm getting really behind on the flip side of blogging--reading other blogs!

I'll get to tagging others a little later. Veterinary appointment coming up in a few minutes.

srp said...

What a great job.... I think I have visited Dr. Bob but some of the others are new to me. Now the fun begins.. visiting everyone! Thanks.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

This is a wonderful way to be introduced to new blogs. Thanks Beverly. And SRP was absolutely right to nominate you.

jel said...

way to go beverly!

how are ya?



huggs

Jada's Gigi said...

oops! I commented on you last post instead of this one..:) congrats on your award.

Anonymous said...

A big congrats to you for this award.. and so very deserved.

What a wonderful way to share the blogosphere.